Traditional Christmas cake or something different

1 to 20 of 52 messages
23/11/2009 at 09:11

I don't like Christmas cake, mince pies, Christmas pudding or marzipan.

This year I shall do chocolate mousse for pudding on Christmas day and  make a carrot cake with cream cheese icing for feasting on.

What do you do? 

PloddingOn    pirate
23/11/2009 at 09:14
Braai outside with ice cream
PloddingOn    pirate
23/11/2009 at 09:15

Obviously ice cream AFTER the braai

Typcially swim too 

23/11/2009 at 09:16
Last year we did mince meat ice cream instead of Xmas pud
23/11/2009 at 09:17
PloddingOn wrote (see)

Obviously ice cream AFTER the braai

Typcially swim too 

it would melt otherwise, PO

23/11/2009 at 09:21

home made christmas cake here - my girl and i LOVE it

no one keen on mince pies or pudding, so following a recent success of mine in the dessert department all have voted for baked alaska

PloddingOn    pirate
23/11/2009 at 09:22

Mince meat ice cream?  

I just reckon that Xmas is the awful season - mainly becuase everyone feels that they have to put so much effort in!

Why not do something simple and just enjoy the time with the family?

Go for chocolate mousse or ice cream or something?  I much prefer a hot Christmas, becuase we spend the time outside in the sun and swimming and it's far too hot for anyone to slave in the kitchen

23/11/2009 at 09:25
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:tW1FbmF2d8TnsM:http://www.atourofitaly.com/images/panatone.bmp

KK I would go with low ifits for your evening meal and high if its for lunch

Pannatone 

Bobbis *mwah* 

I've never had a hot Christmas PO but agree that people get way to stressed 

23/11/2009 at 09:26

hang on It lost my bit about high if food os for lunch and low if its for supper KK

and its Panettone

23/11/2009 at 09:27

tasty beebs

;-)

23/11/2009 at 09:27
PO, its mincemeat as in fruit not as in meat mince meat, I hope anyway
23/11/2009 at 09:28
thanks Bobbis
23/11/2009 at 09:31
as always
23/11/2009 at 09:31

We did apple & blackberry crumble last year, and pud for the only two family members who like christmas pud.

Year before they got profiteroles

This year I'm off to Malta so they can do whatever they like

23/11/2009 at 09:34
Christmas Cake is just awful food.  I do, however, adore Christmas Pudding and mince pies - mmmmmmmm
23/11/2009 at 09:40

You're all heathens

Rich christmas cake, packed with fruit, orange zest, molasses and dark sugar

Mind you, we abandoned the traditional Christmas dinner years ago - we'll be going for a curry on Christmas eve, then Christmas day everyone can just graze and booze as they wish.  No stress, no kitchen ban - happy day!

23/11/2009 at 09:47

We made a nice mince-meat lattice tart for christmas dinner last year, that went down quite well.

We also had the same deliberation over this years main course, we've gone for individual beef wellingtons after two very successfull trial runs!!!! YUM YUM.

23/11/2009 at 09:51
I dont like Christmas  pudding or mince pies Don't mind cake but rarely have it. . When I was 11 we made mince pies at  school, thought the white bit looked nice from the mince meat, so I ate it. Turned out to be lard or suet    I was nearly sick right there. Never touched them since. I get pud for those who want it and I have Belgian choc meringue roulade from Morrisons
seren nos    pirate
23/11/2009 at 09:59

Christmas cake is one of the few cakes I ever cook.......mine was made a month ago and I can't wait

I love christmas cake...........it weighs over 5lb without the icing or mazipan

and christmas day has to be turkey and all the trimmings...presents then church then making christmas dinner....I love making it and having a few glasses whilst I do..........although I always cook the turkey the day before so that there is plenty of room in the oven for everything else...........no stress no hassle

turkey
stuffing
sausage in bacon
roast potatoes
bolied potatoes
carrots
peas
roast parsnips
broccoli
cauli
brussel sprouts
cabbage
yorkshire puddings
gravy

mmmmmmmmmmmm have I missed anything off...........followed by christmas pudding and cream

23/11/2009 at 10:00

Missy D indeed

CM we have cooked breakfast, presents and Christmas dinner at about 6pm

Team effort and we don't get stressed 

Danowat, my ma in law makes fab beef wellington 

you can have my share CB 

don't forget the suncream Vikki 

1 to 20 of 52 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.