Usain Bolt ….

….arrives at Heathrow passport control at the start of July

11 messages
03/04/2012 at 16:42
UK Border Agent: You’re occupation is stated as ‘runner’?Mr. Bolt: Yes.UK Border Agent: I do a bit myself.Mr. Bolt: That is good.UK Border Agent: How far?Mr. Bolt: 100 and 200.UK Border Agent: Miles!?Mr. Bolt: No!UK Border Agent: Kms?Mr. Bolt: No!UK Border Agent: Then what?Mr. Bolt: Metres.UK Border Agent: Metres!?Mr. Bolt: Yes.UK Border Agent: That’s not very far.Mr. Bolt: I’m very quick.UK Border Agent: I’m sure you are if you’re only running 200 metres.Mr. Bolt: I hold the world record at both distances.UK Border Agent: Yes, but you must only be running for less than a minute. It’s not really very impressive, is it?Mr. Bolt: Ummm?UK Border Agent: No, it’s not.Mr. Bolt: I usually do a lap of honour when I win.UK Border Agent: How far’s that?Mr. Bolt: 400m.UK Border Agent: So you run four times as far after the race than the race itself?Mr. Bolt: Yes.UK Border Agent: OK. Have you ever run a marathon?Mr. Bolt: No.UK Border Agent: Half marathon?Mr. Bolt: No.UK Border Agent: 10K?Mr. Bolt: No.UK Border Agent: 5k?Mr. Bolt: No.UK Border Agent: Not even a parkrun?Mr. Bolt: I used to run around the park when I was a kid.UK Border Agent: No, they are free, weekly, 5km timed runs held around the world?Mr. Bolt: No.UK Border Agent: Well, based on your responses I’m not sure you can call yourself a runner?Mr. Bolt: Excuse me?UK Border Agent: And that means I can’t let you in.Mr. Bolt: But I am representing Jamaica in the Olympics.UK Border Agent: I can’t help that.Mr. Bolt: I am my countrys greatest hope for a medal.UK Border Agent: Look, this is what you can do, run a marathon and come back with your result so you can prove you are a runner.Mr. Bolt: You want me to run a marathon?UK Border Agent: Yes.Mr. Bolt: But I haven’t trained for one.UK Border Agent: You’d better start then.Mr. Bolt: The Olympics opening ceremony is in 3 weeks!UK Border Agent: There’ll be some more in a few years. Mr. Bolt shakes his head and desperately performs an internet search for marathons on his smart phone. Mr. Bolt: There’s a marathon in Rio on 8th July. Will that be OK?UK Border Agent: Rio?Mr. Bolt: Yes.UK Border Agent: Brazil?Mr. Bolt: Yes.UK Border Agent: No.Mr. Bolt: Why not?UK Border Agent: It’s a foreign marathon.Mr. Bolt: Are they not all the same distance?UK Border Agent: Weeell, technically, yes. But some of those foreign ones are in kilometres not miles.Mr. Bolt: So it has to be a British one?UK Border Agent: Yes.Mr. Bolt: Oh.UK Border Agent: Specifically, the London Marathon.Mr. Bolt: Why?UK Border Agent: Because until you run the London Marathon, you’re not really a runner.Mr. Bolt: So you want me to run a marathon in London but you won’t let me into London because I haven’t run a marathon in London?UK Border Agent: Yes. Usain wanders away to try and find a flight back to Jamaica 

UK Border Agent: And you should run it dressed as a camel or an iguana as you’ll raise more money for charity! Good luck!

03/04/2012 at 16:45
Well that was easy top read
03/04/2012 at 16:46
UK Border Agent: You’re occupation is stated as ‘runner’?
Mr. Bolt: Yes.
UK Border Agent: I do a bit myself.
Mr. Bolt: That is good.
UK Border Agent: How far?
Mr. Bolt: 100 and 200.
UK Border Agent: Miles!?
Mr. Bolt: No!
UK Border Agent: Kms?
Mr. Bolt: No!
UK Border Agent: Then what?
Mr. Bolt: Metres.
UK Border Agent: Metres!?
UK Border Agent: That’s not very far.
Mr. Bolt: I’m very quick.
UK Border Agent: I’m sure you are if you’re only running 200 metres.
Mr. Bolt: I hold the world record at both distances.
UK Border Agent: Yes, but you must only be running for less than a minute. It’s not really very impressive, is it?
Mr. Bolt: Ummm?
UK Border Agent: No, it’s not.
Mr. Bolt: I usually do a lap of honour when I win.
UK Border Agent: How far’s that?
Mr. Bolt: 400m.
UK Border Agent: So you run four times as far after the race than the race itself?
UK Border Agent: OK. Have you ever run a marathon?
Mr. Bolt: No.
UK Border Agent: Half marathon?
UK Border Agent: 10K?
UK Border Agent: 5k?
UK Border Agent: Not even a parkrun?
Mr. Bolt: I used to run around the park when I was a kid.
UK Border Agent: No, they are free, weekly, 5km timed runs held around the world?
UK Border Agent: Well, based on your responses I’m not sure you can call yourself a runner?
Mr. Bolt: Excuse me?
UK Border Agent: And that means I can’t let you in.
Mr. Bolt: But I am representing Jamaica in the Olympics.
UK Border Agent: I can’t help that.
Mr. Bolt: I am my countrys greatest hope for a medal.
UK Border Agent: Look, this is what you can do, run a marathon and come back with your result so you can prove you are a runner.
Mr. Bolt: You want me to run a marathon?
UK Border Agent: Yes.
Mr. Bolt: But I haven’t trained for one.
UK Border Agent: You’d better start then.
Mr. Bolt: The Olympics opening ceremony is in 3 weeks!
UK Border Agent: There’ll be some more in a few years. Mr. Bolt shakes his head and desperately performs an internet search for marathons on his smart phone.
Mr. Bolt: There’s a marathon in Rio on 8th July. Will that be OK?
UK Border Agent: Rio?
UK Border Agent: Brazil?
UK Border Agent: No.
Mr. Bolt: Why not?
UK Border Agent: It’s a foreign marathon.
Mr. Bolt: Are they not all the same distance?
UK Border Agent: Weeell, technically, yes. But some of those foreign ones are in kilometres not miles.
Mr. Bolt: So it has to be a British one?
UK Border Agent: Yes.
Mr. Bolt: Oh.
UK Border Agent: Specifically, the London Marathon.
Mr. Bolt: Why?
UK Border Agent: Because until you run the London Marathon, you’re not really a runner.
Mr. Bolt: So you want me to run a marathon in London but you won’t let me into London because I haven’t run a marathon in London?
UK Border Agent: Yes. Usain wanders away to try and find a flight back to Jamaica
UK Border Agent: And you should run it dressed as a camel or an iguana as you’ll raise more money for charity! Good luck!
03/04/2012 at 16:47
That wasn't worth it. Never tell a long joke that relies on a punchline.
03/04/2012 at 16:48

I think I wasted 15 seconds of my life reading that

03/04/2012 at 16:55
yikes - can someone give me a summary?
03/04/2012 at 16:57

Yeah, imagine a Two Ronnies sketch, one of the not funny ones...

Maybe it would be funnier if Usain Bolt went into Robert Dyas looking for four candles.

03/04/2012 at 16:58
I quite like it
03/04/2012 at 16:59

"No, but we've got some 'ose."

"Irie!"

04/04/2012 at 13:43
I liked it.
04/04/2012 at 20:10
The concise version.
Usain Bolt arrives at UK customs.
Told he isn't a proper runner because he hasn't done London.
Not allowed in to London to run marathon to qualify for Olympis.
Misses Olympics.
The end.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.