Wallpapering for the first time....

How do you do it? Any top tips?

21 to 24 of 24 messages
05/09/2011 at 22:43
JEvaNs* wrote (see)
(I asked husband to please be patient with me as I always over think and plan things like this) and are very pleased

Are you my sister?
06/09/2011 at 21:20
Are you stalking me now?
06/09/2011 at 21:30
06/09/2011 at 21:32

I've come to this late and you obviously didn't need my bit of advice which is to size(sic?) the walls.  Basically, "paint" them with paste before you try to paper them and let it dry.  It seals the surface and stops the paste from the paper just soaking into the wall and preventing you from being able to move the paper when it's up.  And if you are buying patterned paper, make sure each roll has the same batch number, not just pattern number otherwise you may get differences of shade between rolls.

I've never been able to use a plumb-bob.  I could never get a straight line from one.  Using a spirit level you can draw a line - does the same.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.