Well that ban didnt last very long did it Runners World?

1 to 20 of 305 messages
10/05/2013 at 14:14

So you can tell your little friends at Fetch, nice try ...... just because I exposed their forum to be riddled with security holes, I didnt expect them to go crying to you to get me banned.

10/05/2013 at 14:21

Ah, so are you DF3? I need to know so I can 'hide' you again. Thanks.

10/05/2013 at 14:21

How did that get you banned on here?

10/05/2013 at 14:24

Oh sh1t - I missed that thread completely and now it's gone.

Who are Fetch and what was it all about - did you short circuit their security procedures?

10/05/2013 at 14:34

Piss off Peter couldnt care less.

Screama - Basically last night I was on Fetch and said how their forum software was more rubbish than RW's and they needed to upgrade, at which point I got a mouthful of abuse from fetcheveryone and a few others, and they said how RW's forums were constantly full of spam and theirs wasnt.

So since they were so adamant about the security of their site, I whipped up a script and flooded one of the threads to prove how easy it was to spam their forums (I lost my L plates quite quickly lol). To be honest I could have easily wrecked the whole thing but I chose to do just one thread to prove the point.

They then got all in a tizz and banned me and surprise suprise I co-incidentally seem to have been banned on here as well ..... so clearly someone from Fetch moaned about me and the morons at RW rather than asking me just banned me because apparently intelligence is clearly lacking at RW towers as well.

Fetch are lucky though, I could within 2 minutes run a script that would push all the year old threads up to the top and make all the current ones disappear into the ether ..... so they should thank their lucky stars that Im not vindictive like they are.

10/05/2013 at 14:37

DF(?), how come you can't spell your surname?

10/05/2013 at 14:38

Haha, I did not know that! No wonder LOL.

So how come the forum over there is so shit? Its honestly like something a kid out of uni 10 years ago would have come up with.

10/05/2013 at 14:38

Loiuse G - deliberate in case they were banning me from signing up again

10/05/2013 at 14:39

Aah..OK.

I'm not surprised it caused a tizz but to ban you for demonstrating a flaw rather than saying "Thanks, we take your point, we'll look into it (but please don't do it again!)" seems a bit childish. 

10/05/2013 at 14:40

I do find it funny that rather than address the issues they would rather just ban people who bring it up.

There are 2 quite simple things you could do that would solve 99% of spam (and in reality it would be 100% as the other 1% would be such a pain in the a..e to get around, no spammer would bother).

Pudge    pirate
10/05/2013 at 14:41
David Falconar wrote (see)

I do find it funny that rather than address the issues they would rather just ban people who bring it up.

There are 2 quite simple things you could do that would solve 99% of spam (and in reality it would be 100% as the other 1% would be such a pain in the a..e to get around, no spammer would bother).

And obviously one of them isn't just to ban you?!

10/05/2013 at 14:43
I was about to comment that Fetch looks like it is from the 1990s. Not for me.
10/05/2013 at 14:46

Oh, Daisy and SR are reunited! I feel a little bit teary....  

10/05/2013 at 14:47
I thought you were his bitch Screaminurpillow
10/05/2013 at 14:48

You're writing scripts to intentionally spam forums and you're making statements like "I could have easily wrecked the whole thing". Why wouldn't we ban you? Report security issues like normal people, we know you can write scripts, well done, but you surely can't expect to behave like this and not expect a swift reaction? You actively attempt to break the forum so why should you be allowed to use it. 

10/05/2013 at 14:49
Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
I thought you were his bitch Screaminurpillow

Then you were wrong Buttercup.

Buttercup and Daisy aww.......

DF - your DF3 account still appears to be present.  Have RW stopped you from accessing it then?

I think he's seen through the disguise DF
10/05/2013 at 14:52

Fetch was set up by one guy as a hobby and was so successful that RW bought him out.  He never claimed (to my knowledge) to be a computer whizz so it doesn't surprise me that you have managed to find faults with the site.

RW employ professionals to maintain their site so they should have better controls, but I'm not about to test them out.

10/05/2013 at 14:56
Ben RW wrote (see)

You're writing scripts to intentionally spam forums and you're making statements like "I could have easily wrecked the whole thing". Why wouldn't we ban you? Report security issues like normal people, we know you can write scripts, well done, but you surely can't expect to behave like this and not expect a swift reaction? You actively attempt to break the forum so why should you be allowed to use it. 

People report issues all the time though Ben. It takes ages to get them fixed, if at all. David's actually pointed out what you need to do to fix some of them but never been replied to.

I don't condone what he did but a least it seems to have made you guys finally sit up and take notice. Perhaps you should pay him to fix them for you rather than banning him?

1 to 20 of 305 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.