Were you one of the cool kids at school?

17 messages
06/07/2014 at 16:30

Definitely not. Furry was simply not in vogue.

06/07/2014 at 18:04

We didn't have cool kids at my school, Those who thought they were were merely fashion victims.

06/07/2014 at 19:30

I wasn't, but I got along with them.

06/07/2014 at 20:14

I was 'the kid who did his own thing'.  So, that's a super dooper no.  How about you KK?

My stepson is in quite a nice position.  Although he's not into girls yet, they bloody love him.  They're always ringing for him and coming round.  I would have loved that when I was 14.... but a hot female teacher having her way with me would have been ok too 

06/07/2014 at 20:23

Nope

07/07/2014 at 12:56

Nope, I was the girl that got on with others and was part of the hockey team, but that was pretty much it. 

gingerfurball    pirate
07/07/2014 at 13:53

Absolutely, definitely not the cool kid...I was really into books and loved studying - throw the fact that I'm ginger into the mix and you can imagine the hell my primary school years were - the only upside was that I could run fast so the bullies couldn't always catch me lol!

07/07/2014 at 14:55

I can't remember going out much at all between about 12-13 and maybe 16.    The age when I stopped going down the park to play football, hang round or calling on your mates on your bike and the age when you start going to parties and then out to pubs.    I guess that must mean I wasn't one of the cool kids but to be honest I can't remember there being cool kids back then - at school we all used to play football and dinner and break times.   

07/07/2014 at 17:20
gingerfurball wrote (see)

Absolutely, definitely not the cool kid...I was really into books and loved studying - throw the fact that I'm ginger into the mix and you can imagine the hell my primary school years were - the only upside was that I could run fast so the bullies couldn't always catch me lol!

we sound very similar....

07/07/2014 at 18:20

I won the only chess competition they had at school, #geek

07/07/2014 at 18:34

I was so uncool I went fishing and bird watching. So uncool that when the Police caught me doing 47mph in a 30mph limit (on the way to fishing) they let me off.  

They didn't expect a 19 year old tearing (I'd touched 60mph plus) along at 6:00am of a Sunday morning to be anything but returning half pissed from a party. 

07/07/2014 at 18:42

Glasses, braces and very academic so no. Also wore long skirts with doc type boots and long wavy hair when the cool look was short skirt, stilettos and those strange badger type highlights that were trendy in the 80s.

07/07/2014 at 18:54

I don't remember much of my school years.  I prefer it that way

07/07/2014 at 18:58

Not remotely cool. I was the kid in the wheelchair that got to blow the whistle in PE lessons. I got on with most people, but mainly because I helped people with homework. 

07/07/2014 at 19:11

I enjoyed my school years even though I had to get up at 6am every morning. I was rubbish at PE, but class brain. I think having a sense of humour stopped people from picking on me.

07/07/2014 at 19:50

Not many girls stayed on to do A levels so in the sixth form we were queens of fecking everything and used to go to the pub with the drama teacher.

No idea if that was cool or not but it was fun.

07/07/2014 at 21:14
My friends and I was called "the boffin bunch" by others in my class because we didn't muck around, did our homework and did well in exams. We were never bullied though, more ignored by the cooler people in the class/year. There were definitely parties that I wasn't invited to and I suppose the cool kids were the ones who drank, smoked and took drugs, but I was pretty happy as a teen. We were a little gang of 7 and we had each other.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
17 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.