What a Great Summer of sport for the UK!

20 messages
Pudge    pirate
03/07/2014 at 17:14

At least a Brit might win the TDF....an adopted Brit, but a Brit nevertheless.

03/07/2014 at 19:48

im sorry, but did you SEE murray owning clarence seedorf at keepie-uppy? clearly not. rule britannia.

03/07/2014 at 20:13

Did you see Tim Henman then beating Murray at that keepy-uppy?  

03/07/2014 at 20:13

Did you see Tim Henman then beating Murray at that copa-uppy?  

03/07/2014 at 20:17

We can't lose at the Commonwealth Games..... and by we I mean - we Glaswegians.  Gorgeous velodrome, fantastic huge gym/basketball court, beautiful 2 x 50m swimming pools, Strathy park done up and water cleaned for the tri, dodgy part of town knocked down and rebuilt with lovely little houses (athletes village).... I am loving it and it's got nothing to do with the actual competition.

03/07/2014 at 21:21

This year is the last chance for a few years for 'us' to win the Tour de France.  After this, it'll be Quintana's.

ITU Triathlon.... looks like ol' lunchbox is going to do it again, in the Brownlees absence.

Ahh, who cares.  I find it very hard to be patriotic about being English, er sorry... 'British' 

http://www.bikersoracle.com/blackbird/forum/images/smilies/wanka%20smilie.gif

Edited: 03/07/2014 at 21:22
04/07/2014 at 12:24

christ, at this rate, a formula one driver will win spoty.

help us alistair cook, you're our only hope.

04/07/2014 at 16:01

Things go up and down. We weren't expecting much from the football, the cricket team is being rebuilt, it remains to be seen whether our athletes are pushing on. We still compete at a high level at a huge number of sports.

06/07/2014 at 16:35

A great Summer of sport to be enjoyed by being in the UK. TDF and Commonwealth games and Wimbledon all happening on our turf. Doesn't matter who 'wins' it's a pretty amazing Summer. Then we'll get the Charity Shield, whatever it's called this year. Back to earth with zee bump.

07/07/2014 at 07:47

You seem to forget that Selby (England) saw off O'Sullivan (England) in one of the UK's most watched world championship finals.

07/07/2014 at 10:20
IronPudge wrote (see)

At least a Brit might win the TDF....an adopted Brit, but a Brit nevertheless.

These comments about "adopted Brits" is really pissing me off, his dad is English, his Kenyan born mothers parents were British, his two older brothers were born in England....how does this make him an adopted Brit?

Had the same discussion on a club ride yesterday, someone stated he would have preferred "real brit" Brad Wiggins, till it was pointed out he was born in Belgium...and followed it with "David Miller is ok for a Scot (that was born on Malta) as his dad was in the RAF"  

Pudge    pirate
07/07/2014 at 10:26

Lighten up FF, it was a nonchalant comment.

07/07/2014 at 10:43

Relax, i'm not having a pop at you Pudge, it just grips my shit at the moment due to the large press coverage the tour is getting.

cougie    pirate
07/07/2014 at 12:45
FF - if he loses - then yeah - clearly Kenyan...

Fingers crossed we won't have to disown him !
Pudge    pirate
08/07/2014 at 10:05
Flat Footed wrote (see)

Relax, i'm not having a pop at you Pudge, it just grips my shit at the moment due to the large press coverage the tour is getting.

Great turn of phrase FF, "...it grips my shit...."!

Just found myself using it during a telephone conversation with a work colleague whilst trying to convey my feelings regarding his latest actions. 

08/07/2014 at 12:49

So would 'ships my grit' be used for an organisation that sends small stones overseas?

08/07/2014 at 16:03
Flat Footed wrote (see)

These comments about "adopted Brits" is really pissing me off, his dad is English, his Kenyan born mothers parents were British, his two older brothers were born in England....how does this make him an adopted Brit?

"  

It's OK, He fell off again this morning right at the start....

09/07/2014 at 14:20

Is he back to being a Kenyan yet ?

09/07/2014 at 14:46

he is now...

09/07/2014 at 15:21

The guy needs some stabilisers!!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
20 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.