What are the chocolates that are left in your household?

THIS IS IMPORTANT!

21 to 40 of 46 messages
17/01/2013 at 14:07

Over Christmas no-one in my family even bothered opening the Thornton's selection box because we knew they'd be too sweet and we wouldn't enjoy them. I think they are definitely still in trouble though as a company because they only ever seem to have huge selection boxes on half price.

My Lindt gold reindeer was gone by boxing day, though.

17/01/2013 at 14:13

Lindt do Ball shaped Chocolates with sweet Caramel stuff in the middle. They are amazing, you can actually taste how bad they are for you. Sugar and glorious Fat. I have no idea of the Calorie content of even just one of those but it must be horrendous. I had a box last Christmas and ate them until I felt poorly.

17/01/2013 at 14:15

Sarah- I'll keep you in mind when my birthday comes around (in March).

17/01/2013 at 15:07

We had a bar of Marmite chocolate at Christmas last year, finally got round to throwing it away at the beginning of November (after unsuccessfully trying to give it to some Trick or Treaters on Halloween)

17/01/2013 at 15:15
Xine - yuck!!!
We tend to eat the decent chocolate first and and slowly munch through the rest. I don't do anything coffee or alcoholic. Oh, and chocolate for special diets is generally disgusting
17/01/2013 at 15:31

After Eight mints do not last long at all but are quite sickly after a box worth. 

17/01/2013 at 16:08
by 'eck, it's hilly wrote (see)
Xine - yuck!!!
We tend to eat the decent chocolate first and and slowly munch through the rest. I don't do anything coffee or alcoholic. Oh, and chocolate for special diets is generally disgusting

It was horrendous. Imagine melting up a perfectly nice bar of chocolate and then stirring an OXO cube into it  The Marmite crackers are a bit yuck too, far too concentrated and salty taste.

I do like the Marmite cheese though, and the rice cakes are luvverly

17/01/2013 at 16:28

The words "Marmite" and "Chocolate" together also do not compute!

Lindt is my fave, doesn't last five minutes. Hotel Chocolat is pretty lush too - I tend to get 3 different types (they're always on offer) and put one of each in a little dish. Stops me scoffing the lot that way 

17/01/2013 at 16:47

How did Thorntons manage to lose the plot.  When I was younger I am sure I thought of them as a posh choccie - these days they are the equivalent of cadburys only not so tasty.  In fact I think I perfect cadburys (although that might just be because I love the purple wrappers).

17/01/2013 at 16:52

Caramel for me is #1 followed by anything nougat. Pralines and the toffees are always the last to go.

I brought in a box of celebration to work over christmas and at the end everyone left the milky ways behind

17/01/2013 at 16:54
You can make crispy cakes with milky ways and mars bars. Yum, yum, yum!
17/01/2013 at 16:55

Cadburys definately has to be the best?

I knew someone who took Cadbury's chocolate with him to relatives in the U.S.A because they loved it. He also took Walker's crisps with him for them. He used to hide it in his luggage like a Columbian drugs smuggler as he was worried about breaking some sort of customs law!!

17/01/2013 at 17:04

Thorntons, the same gooey crap with the same chocolate coating and just a different swirl to make it look different, after the second one, I'm totally fed up with them

17/01/2013 at 17:11

Yeah my amercian relatives go to a special shop to get their cadbury's fix  - costs about 5 times the price here.

17/01/2013 at 17:20

It costs less in the U.S?!!

17/01/2013 at 17:26

No - it cost 5 times in the US compared to the price we pay in the UK.  Guess I needed to expand that last sentance to avoid ambiguity  

kittenkat    pirate
17/01/2013 at 17:45

Chocolate always tasted different when I lived in Oz, apparently (although I could be talking bollocks) it has a higher melting point because of the climate and that's what affects the taste.

17/01/2013 at 18:21

The best chocolate is Montezuma's 'Milk Chocolate: The Dark Side' with 54% cocoa.

I don't like After Eights, but I quite like the game where you have to put one on your forehead and then get it into your mouth using only your facial muscles.

17/01/2013 at 18:37
Montezuma's is fab! And they do chocolate my little boy can gave - in a 2kg bag
17/01/2013 at 22:01

Toffees get left in our house, tried the marmite chocolate - yuck.
My preference is any plain dark chocolate, not keen on flavours added. Thanks for the link to Montezuma's, there is one fairly close by, so may just call in to the shop in the next month or two, just to sample you understand.

21 to 40 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.