What do normal couples do?

Just out of interest...

21 to 37 of 37 messages
09/08/2012 at 16:01
"What do normal couples do"

Talk to each other.
09/08/2012 at 17:14

Work, train, eat, walk dog, sleep - catch up with each other at weekends and days off when we talk about running or race! We try to take it in turns to race so that one of us has the dog and goes along to support/hold kit etc.  Everything else fits in around running or goes by the wayside.  Pub lunches on a Sunday after our (separate) long runs are our favourite 'dates'! Most of our friends are runners and even non-running family seem happy to make a day of it and come to watch races/have a picnic.

Definitely normal!

09/08/2012 at 18:36

we spend a lot of time ferrying kids to activities. Very rarely do housework - but that is because we are busy ferrying kids, or I go running/swimming/cycling while OH sleeps/looks after the kids. Visit relatives.

09/08/2012 at 19:16
I know your sort. Nice kids but they live like pigs. (I would lol here if I was a supernerd)
09/08/2012 at 19:17

yes, we live like pigs. Not sure I would call my kids 'nice' - not right at this moment anyway...

09/08/2012 at 19:35

I run or swim. He works.

or if we are both at home at the same time we play cheat scrabble. (he's dyslexic).

09/08/2012 at 21:38

Well my better half, HATES running and anything I like to refer to as REAL EXERCISE, but to be fair she is a dancer and thats her thing so cant knock it! But together we just relax kick back and enjoy each others company, meals, cinema, want to go to the theatre more. I think the term "Normal" really depends on what  is the norm for that particular pair and if you enjoy what you do together dont knock it  

12/08/2012 at 19:50

I think most couples sit motionless gawping at the TV, +/- drinking them selves to oblivion, unless they have kids, in which case they scream at the kids for the first part of the evening, then collapse in a heap later.

12/08/2012 at 22:34

....nothing....

He plays on his phone most of the time and I carry on doing my things as if I was alone.

12/08/2012 at 22:45
tricialitt wrote (see)

I think most couples sit motionless gawping at the TV, +/- drinking them selves to oblivion

Yep - that's what we do! A nice pint of beer followed by a bottle of Sangiovese with roast chicken dinner - lovely!

12/08/2012 at 23:33

I run, he rarely does, so I try and get most my running done mid week.

Weekends generally involve getting up late, watching rubbish on TV whilst we both sit looking at our laptops, we got for walks along the sea front, have a few drinks and watch films. Occasionally we play board games.

13/08/2012 at 00:09
tricialitt wrote (see)

I think most couples sit motionless gawping at the TV, +/- drinking them selves to oblivion, unless they have kids, in which case they scream at the kids for the first part of the evening, then collapse in a heap later.

Really?

13/08/2012 at 09:08

I like this! i think it is important to share an interest or have common ground and to be able to share that (not all the time) with someone, is and should be enjoyable and precious...it is possible...right??!! or am i dreaming?

13/08/2012 at 10:03

Hells teeth.. Stranger on deck !!!

Nam
13/08/2012 at 10:34

We're in the process of buying a house together so a disproportionate amount of time is presently taken up by 'house' stuff including furniture shopping etc.

Generally we like weekends away, visiting relatives or friends, long walks somewhere nice with the dog, we go to the cinema, go for a meal or friends come over for food, I do my photography...

Yes in the week we gym a bit, run a bit, on the weekend bike a bit sometimes, but it by no means makes up the vast majority of our free time, nor would I want it to.

Edited: 13/08/2012 at 10:35
13/08/2012 at 13:38
tricialitt wrote (see)

Hello ...you been watching us eh big brother !!!! 

13/08/2012 at 13:49
Wilkie wrote (see)
Mr Puffy wrote (see)

Well, this weekend Mrs P is working on Saturday so I'm going to drive over the Woodhead Pass for a picnic, then she is going to the Charity Sheld match at Villa Park on Sunday so I'm going to london for the marathon.

I don't mind whether we do sporty things or not, but I wouldn't want to be spending that much weekend time doing something different from my Squeeze.

Weekends are important time together, for me.

Well this weekend was a little different but I would say that spending some time apart doing stimulating stuff is good for a relationship and informs the time that we do get to spend with each other.  Certainly made for a very pleasant Sunday evening.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 37 of 37 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.