What do they call him/her now?

61 to 63 of 63 messages
10/07/2012 at 18:36

I think his family use his old name with his approval, as like I said it's a non-gender specific name anyway. But saying 'she' instead of 'he' is just plain rude.

11/07/2012 at 23:17

I don't know why people are making such a big fuss about this. She has taken the decision to go through with it, so just treat her as you would treat anyone else - as a person.

15/07/2012 at 23:07

Having read all the way through, I personally couldn't care less what anyone does tbh and have never come across anyone who has changed gender (that I am aware off, beyond the odd person in the street that you see occasionally)

However I think I'd feel awkward about someone transitioning using the ladies loos though and definitely using the ladies changing rooms for swimming! Obviously refering male to female ....

I didn't think Elli's views/ questions were any worse than anyone elses either.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 63 of 63 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.