What Is Your Favourite Ice-Cream?

You must have one!

41 to 47 of 47 messages
Blisters    pirate
28/06/2013 at 23:23
Blisters wrote (see)

Karen S

In the absence of RW Techies, there is a sneaky trick you can try. Type out your response first, then go back to the beginning of your words and press "enter" to insert a line ABOVE your contribution. Then you can insert the quote.

Like this (typed first).

Blisters    pirate
28/06/2013 at 23:24

Let's come up with a new flavour...

29/06/2013 at 10:24

Harry Potter style?

Marmite icecream
Blue Stilton ice cream.
Hot Chilli Salsa.

I haven't made icecream in eons, always love 'St Clemments' that was full on with lots of eggs and cream and sugar.

Edited: 29/06/2013 at 10:33
29/06/2013 at 14:59
PhilPub wrote (see)

I had some of this on my strudel yesterday after the Sunday roast.  It really is proper creamy!

http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/userfiles/image/August%202010%20issue/Comps/Clotted-Cream_HT.jpg

Isn't this the one when you take the lid off you have two ice creamy mounds like clotted cream boobs?   a favourite with my sons.

Blisters    pirate
29/06/2013 at 22:56

Tried the stilton = vile.

Marmite? Interesting concept. Love it or hate it.

Chilli? Again, it's left field. I've tried Chilli chocolate, and despite being a lover of both, I found it to be (ahem) an acquired taste, and in small quantities. However, it may be worth an experiment.

White chocolate.
Clotted Cream.
Cheesecake.
Especially cheesecake, I have tried to make this one and get it to taste right, but alack and alas I have yet to crack the formula.

Right. I've tried to make cherry pie ice cream, and because I used a tin of cherries it was a bit boring: the cherries were frosty. I'm hatching ideas about dried fruits, reconstituted in an appropriate alcohol. Think.
Cherry in kirsch.
Blueberries in vodka
sloes in gin
rasperries in whisky
strawberries in Pimms
Then you bury them in an appropriate carrier ice cream.

Go ON!

30/06/2013 at 12:39

Sloes in gin may not work as they are very dry and bitter and turn your face inside out. You'd probably need an awful lot of sugar to get around that.

Blackberries in whisky is nice.

Marzipan icecream?
Lemon Curd.
Crunchie icecream.

Blisters    pirate
30/06/2013 at 22:58

Hog mouse. There are some good ideas there.

We do a blackberry ice cream, it's a bit of a funny grey colour, and quite lacking in individual taste. Odd because the jam is fantastic.

We also do a black currant one, that's much better, and even transpires to be a soft scoop version. It's the sugar content I think.

Marzipan: That is a good idea. The chunks should stay soft even when cold.
Lemon curd: That's really nice.
Crunchie? Ah. I tried to make my own crunchie crisp, and it was OK I suppose, but not as dry and factory uniform as the real thing. My ice cream went all soggy and sticky. Next time it needs to be made with the real thing.

Oh, yes. If you can master making a cheesecake ice cream, I'd love to steal the recipe.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 47 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.