What really offends you?

Continuation of the deletion of the Atheism thread :-)

41 to 55 of 55 messages
05/04/2013 at 14:16
Screamapillar wrote (see)

It looked like a sausage on a chopping board to me 

Remind me not to have sausages at your house.

05/04/2013 at 14:18

I'm having sausages for dinner tonight actually Peter 

05/04/2013 at 14:19

At the risk of getting cross-threaded and personal, will you be serving them with camel's toe?

11/04/2013 at 14:28

Gymspeak - I aint your 'buddy' and putting 'Super' in front of anything dont make it harder..

11/04/2013 at 15:42

People who whine on about how much money charities spend on staff, marketing, etc. don't understand why charities spend money on staff, marketing, etc.

11/04/2013 at 16:03

24 hour news. Imagine their glee when North Korea decide to deliver a bomb to the UK. Seriously, I heard an interviewer on Sky News badgering Cameron to answer the question 'Will you use nuclear weapons (sic) on North Korea'.

I mean FFS, 24 hour news is the scourge of this earth, and it offends me constantly.

11/04/2013 at 16:37

Intermanaut - I understand it. but it does make it more difficult for them to justify me giving them a fiver. or to be harrassed by one of their employees.

11/04/2013 at 17:37

@the dude abides - you're talking about chuggers, right?  They're a PITA, and should be beaten.

This makes interesting viewing: Dan Pallotta: The way we think about charity is dead wrong via TED.com

11/04/2013 at 17:48

i'll have a peek. ta.

Rafiki    pirate
11/04/2013 at 18:33

Dude - and then go and read 'Lords of Poverty: the Power, Prestige and Corruption of the international aid business' or 'The trouble with Africa' - just for that balanced view, because that Dan bloke scared me 

16/04/2013 at 22:34
Not sure if offended is the right word, but the people who, instead of helping the person next to them in the Boston Marathon who's just been horrifically injured, decide to get out their phone to video it and post it on YouTube. Scum. I'm actually offended that you call yourself a human being, and worst still, a runner.

And yeah, anybody who goes searching through YT for videos of same.
16/04/2013 at 23:21

People who use the wrong knife at dinner time. Heathens! 

16/04/2013 at 23:40
Redjeep! wrote (see)

And yeah, anybody who goes searching through YT for videos of same.

So how did you know they were there?
Just kidding, you are right but it's a sad fact of life that a lot of people these days only experience life through the screen of a smart phone.
Question: when the inevitable jokes start circulating (I can imagine one or two) would we as runners be offended?
Seems after every disaster some (sick?) jokes pop up, is humour societies way of coping?

17/04/2013 at 07:59
What offends me?

Cowards that blow up innocent people out enjoying themselves.
17/04/2013 at 08:34

I really hate it if someone spills coffee granules in my cup if i'm not using it for coffee!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 55 of 55 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.