What will you change about yourself in 2011?

21 to 40 of 42 messages
29/12/2010 at 09:48
I want to be less grumpy!
29/12/2010 at 10:32
I need to be less lazy in the mornings, which means going to bed earlier. And more sex. OH and I are only young but don't make enough time for it.
29/12/2010 at 11:34
I'm going to drink less and be less of a dating retard... (Hmmm, these two may go hand in hand methinks.... )

Good call on the have more sex one. Can I sign up for that one too?
29/12/2010 at 11:46

What motivates people to change themself is what I'm interested in.

Dissatisfaction with your lot?

To be happier?

To get out of a rut?

Just wondering.

29/12/2010 at 11:52

To get out of the current rut

Be more selective about work I take temping wise one job literally bored me stupid last year and the moew bored I am the worse financial decisions I make

Find the will power to carry on the enforced reduction in crap and alcohol comsumption that has caused my wasitline to shrink and health to improve when I am earning again

Embrace the new career coaching stuff I have been referred to

Sell the friggin house so I can let go of the last remnants of teh millstone that was my family 

Accept compliments with a lot more grace than I currently do and start beleiving them

29/12/2010 at 16:57

JJ - what motivates folk to change?

Thinking aloud here - to move on, to progress to develop in some way.
I did the same job for 3 years, giving up the thing that I loved most (art) and took up running - good escapism but nothing more than that for me. I prefer swimming. My long term goal was always to do an MA, I can't do that if I'm not doing any art.

My goals for 2011 are to get back on track. I'd love to lose weight and grow another 2".

When I don't have a job I want one and when I have a job I don't want it. I like doing bits and pieces, temp work suits me. I decided a long time ago not to work full time, now I think not to work split shifts again. They ruin your day.

Maddy. wrote (see)

Accept compliments with a lot more grace than I currently do and start beleiving them

Couldn't agree more. I've recently started worrying about whether I ever said 'thankyou' when I've received a trophy or medal at a race - I'm still gobsmacked but I must remember my manners - I feel embarrassed for grinning like a big Cheshire cat!

29/12/2010 at 16:59

loose the excess fat.

OK, being realistic, loose some of the excess fat

29/12/2010 at 17:20

I want to be more organised.  I have loads of time that I waste doing non-productive stuff that doesn't even entertain me.  So this year I want to actually put some of that time to good use.

I'm good at putting things off, and I am going to try to do that less.  In fact, you have already inspired me to actually get the ball rolling with cavity wall insulation and new double glazing, that I have been talking about doing for at least three years!

My procrastination also applies to small things.  I will go for a run when I say I will and not two hours later.  I will put the washing on and do the ironing in a timely manner.  And I will get those small horrible jobs done at work that I ahve been putting off for months.

29/12/2010 at 17:38

Oh yes and I will abdicate my crown as queen of the slutterns

My bedroom is tidy and although it freaked me out at first I am now enjoying being able to roll out of bed and wander around barefoot without thinking or worrying about what I might tread on

29/12/2010 at 17:39
Supercaz - hear you with the procrastination I am terrible leads to too much last minute firefighting which although exciting wears you out eventually
29/12/2010 at 17:54

Deadlines I am good at.  It's the things that don't have deadlines that let me down.  So I can never have people round because the house is a state, I never have anything to wear because it is all dirty, I can't cook for anyone because I don't know what food (if any) I have in the house.

I've been putting off getting my car repaired since it was smashed into in September (minor damage so no point in claiming on the insurance), I need to book hotels for various things before they all fill up, and I haven't had a holiday in 6 years because I don't have time to plan one!

But I have time to spend hours on t'internet.

pirate
29/12/2010 at 17:58
I second and third the more sex...!!!!
29/12/2010 at 17:58
Supercaz - I am with you on the not letting people in the house due to its state - I usually manage to wash clothes though.  I don't cook for people because that would mean letting them in the house
29/12/2010 at 17:59
I fourth more sex and up that to better sex as well
29/12/2010 at 18:07
Clothes do get washed - except maybe running gear .  But I never have enough clean stuff that I can chose what to wear and make an effort to look nice.  I just pull on whatever is on the airer and sort of dry.
29/12/2010 at 18:19
LOL I wear race tee shirts far too often as I don't like ironing but most of them are really old now and starting to deteriorate
29/12/2010 at 19:04
lacebylady wrote : 

Beat this depression

I know that feeling, would love to beat mine but think I need a little more time for that.

I'd love to be more motivated and I just don't know what is going to get me going - odd I know but hey, a running buddy could be helpful but haven't been able to find one yet.

I'm far from perfect but would like to like myself and feel I have some worth, onwards and upwards, don't think I can get much lower...

Sex would be good too, if I can find any

29/12/2010 at 19:21
Maddy. wrote (see)
Supercaz - I am with you on the not letting people in the house due to its state - I usually manage to wash clothes though.  I don't cook for people because that would mean letting them in the house

ditto

I have a tiny house, you'd think it would be easy to keep tidy. I just have nowhere to put all the stuff I've got so it lives on the floor.

29/12/2010 at 22:53
I intend to stop swearing and stop biting my nails.
29/12/2010 at 23:03

In Jan I may book into pre-hab to avoid the drug addiction my publicist will be announcing around June.

I shall certainly be having at least one surrogate child at some stage and may buy a couple of kids from a suitably impoverished country.

Throughout the year i will be having split/no-split/tearful reconciliation announcements concerning me and Mrs B in Heat and Closer on a weekly basis.

In August my cellulite will be splashed across the front page of the tabloids as I frolic on a pedalo off Bournemouth beach.

September is all booked out for my seedy motel sex session which will be filmed and leaked onto the internet to make the Chistmas rush.

October will be an "is JB gay?" splash after i spontaneously snog Jon Snow at the Parliamentarian of the Year awards.

November I will invite Hello! to a photo-shoot of  "My Best Christmas Ever" at my country pile.

And in December I will be rushed into Warwick A & E for a hushed up "foreign object removal" procedure.

So, same old same old really.

21 to 40 of 42 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.