What's good and bad about your job?

21 to 36 of 36 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
26/03/2012 at 17:14

Good - my great supervisor and the lovely colleagues I work with. My pay check. 30 days leave. Chance of redundancy in the autumn - please please please.

Bad - everything else: high stress, very short time limits on every single task, too many reports, too many changes, a bloody dictator woman at the top of the apex. In fact, all of it.

I used to love my job, before that unreasonable "bleep"  was brought in from outside and appointed top bitch.

Edited: 26/03/2012 at 17:18
OW
26/03/2012 at 19:44

Good

• Hours are pretty flexible
  • Intellecually stimulating
  • Pay
  • Travel
  • Dealing with people
  • Colleagues respect me
  • Good pension
  • Good holiday allowance

Bad

• Managing staff
  • People can be a pain to deal with! 
  • Bureaucracy
  • Some policy changes made by govt have adverse effect on our work but we have to pretend it's progress.... until they change it back again. There's a cycle (bit like fashion) and every change is a waste of money and time. It's decreed from a govt office in London with no thought for a different environment (rural) and different financial climate. Much better to allow local decision
OW
26/03/2012 at 20:20

I'm not working now but for my last job:

Good

• My second line manager
  • Contributing towards saving the lives of sick children
  • NHS pay, terms and conditions.

Bad

• NHS politics and policies that ensured that the system was equally unfair to everyone
  • My first line manager
  • The amount of dead wood in the department that I had to carry.
26/03/2012 at 20:36
good

working 4 days a week

bad

7.30am start

no work when we have a stocktake
26/03/2012 at 22:01
Good -
Flexible hours
Working 12 minutes walk from home
Minimal supervision
The company values their staff
Working with a nice bunch of people.

Bad -
It's not my dream job
Minimal chance for promotion
26/03/2012 at 22:16

Good

Shift work love the flexibility...

Bad

Shift work very unsociable however after 17 years am institutionalised and don't think I could go back to 9/5

26/03/2012 at 22:24
Good: working for a cause I believe in
Lovely bunch of people
Great dress code

Bad: unwillingness to resource to get the job done properly
Inspirational = unmodernised accommodation, oh for real air con!
26/03/2012 at 22:34

Good: Good pay, lots of time off, travel,free food

Bad: Weeks away from home, hardly ever working with the same people, no longer challenging but not many options left that don't require moving home. Long shifts, night shifts.

26/03/2012 at 23:28

Good? Well I went swimming today.

Bad, I had to pay for it myself and I'm on the minimum wage.

Take a few other point - no chance of promotion. 12 hr Night shifts for £30. Unsocial hours, screws up training. No money to do the things that are needed.

Edited: 26/03/2012 at 23:30
26/03/2012 at 23:40

I work from home

i dont clock in or out

i get paid direct  every four weekly in bank

not much thanks for it though

27/03/2012 at 00:03

Good: Everything I touch turns to Skittles

Bad: I dont like Skittles

Have to go now I think im being followed.........

27/03/2012 at 07:15

Good

Catching fraudsters knowing i am pissing them off...

Not bad pay..

30 days of holiday..

Bad

New Boss..micro managing ...

Prospects..

Commute..(the guy who sat next to me farted and the smell..)

27/03/2012 at 11:22

Bad not being able to sleep after nights ! had no sleep for 2 days

Work at Vauxhalls theres a big annoucement tomorrow could be out of a job........

Good

Its a job in these hard times and pays the morgage

27/03/2012 at 18:41

Bad. I am now going to work for the night at zero notice to earn 2 buttons and a broken comb. To be yelled at all night. Joy. Not.

btw - the noisey people don't understand. They aren't being nasty just very loud. It's very draining.

the conversations not good either. Unless you think that repeating the same few words over and over is stimulating.

30/03/2012 at 18:22
Well I'm a mature student, so...
GOOD
No early starts
Interesting work
Discounts in various establishment on production of a card
No council tax to pay
I can get a run in when I want

BAD
Crap (non-existent) pay
Have to rely on public transport
Housemates that don't understand the concept of washing up their pots as soon as they have eaten
03/12/2012 at 01:47

As a bus & coach driver ... good things: 1:Some of my workmates are total w****rs but most are ok, some are good personal friends of mine. Most I connect to on Facebook. A few I socialize with off duty.

2: Good genuine passengers who stick with us through thick & thin. We appreciate them!

3: While the pay isn't that good, it's not that bad either. A lot more than some people get. 

Bad things: 1: Passengers who do nothing but moan & groan & abuse us no matter what we try to do for them.

2: Workmates who do nothing but moan about their 'rubbishy' job. There are thousands on the dole who would happily do it for them AND be paid for it too!

3: Our management! Our Union is brilliant & do a good job but the management are self-obsessed!

So there's good &  bad things involved with our industry but I love driving buses & coaches It's a job & a wage which I appreciate.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.