What's the point of colour?

41 to 46 of 46 messages
05/12/2012 at 16:23
Easy.Does.It wrote (see)

Like colour doesn't inherently exist, neither does Newcastle football club.

There's a statement eh?

Colour is only produced in the mind, just like football clubs.

I'm a Geordie btw; my brother is a rabid Newcastle supporter.

There's no such county as Yorkshire either. It's West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and North Yorkshire.

05/12/2012 at 17:41

Easy does it....

Its in the heart, not the mind!

05/12/2012 at 17:48

The world would be very boring in black and white.

05/12/2012 at 20:23

I work for a company who's name is the same as a colour, but the logo is in a different colour.  I get confused.  Its a bit like one of those experiments where you have to read the colour Red when it is written in Blue text

17/12/2012 at 08:42

You work for Pink?

17/12/2012 at 14:09
Barkles wrote (see)

Easy does it....

Its in the heart, not the mind!

I'm afraid colour most definatly only exists in conceptual minds, though I'm guessing you're using colour as a metaphor for 'experience' and relating it to the heart.  You know we used to relate different feelings to different internal organs?  The spleen, for example, was thought to be related to anger, hence we have the saying 'to vent my spleen'.

But really, it's all in the mind.

Edited: 17/12/2012 at 14:10

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 46 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.