Where did that thread go?!

Dave - come here

1 to 20 of 43 messages
09/04/2014 at 10:00

Sorry Haven't had chance to do more than check out the Matt cartoon in the paper this morning...

09/04/2014 at 10:05

Very different paper

09/04/2014 at 10:12

So much for free speech...

09/04/2014 at 10:13

Nah, It's not free £1.40 if you pay every day, But 15% off if you subscribe like me

09/04/2014 at 15:11

Which thread are you referring to? One about the royal baby?

09/04/2014 at 15:26
kittenkat wrote (see)

The one you started.

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!

Philomena started a royal baby ?

You saying she shagged Kate ?

09/04/2014 at 15:31

Obviously opinions are offensive to some. I guess we just have to fight them or we will end up living in a world of beige.

09/04/2014 at 15:56

Good point...

there were rumours many years ago, that a knitted monkey of this parish had royal connections, perhaps he gave Kate a quick one ?

Edited: 09/04/2014 at 15:56
10/04/2014 at 08:33
Yiddarmy wrote (see)
Probably my fault. My opinion may have been deemed offensive. It usually is.

I don't think it was. It was off topic and it annoyed me because it seemed blinkered and apologist but it wasn't offensive. 

I think it was some of the other comments that got it cazzed.

seren nos    pirate
10/04/2014 at 08:46

Its not people complaining...like all things .if people are genuinely offended and think someone has gone too far then they have the right to complain.......to just sit back and do nothing and ignore what you think is wrong is cowardly and wrong......

its up to the moderators to decide if the person complaining is right or just being oversensitive or plain stupid.......

so its the moderators call to look at all the posts and not just skim through and make the decision..........whether you agree with their decision is immaterial as its their site and they know the type of things they want on it or not...or what is legal or not.........

10/04/2014 at 09:41

Is it just laziness perhaps where two people complain so they take a thread down because they can't be bothered. Easy option is always to get rid.

Pudge    pirate
10/04/2014 at 09:42

I'd be thankful it's gone if I were you, PC.  You came across as a right pillock.

10/04/2014 at 09:46

I had to get some controversy in there Podge to beat Karen's thread 

Pudge    pirate
10/04/2014 at 09:59
Philomena Cunk wrote (see)

I had to get some controversy in there Podge to beat Karen's thread 

Ah, so your comments were made in order to cause controversy? 

And yet, you have always rejected being labelled a 'troll'.

I would argue that the definition seems to fit perfectly:

troll (/??tro??l/, /??tr??l/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

10/04/2014 at 10:13

Off topic? It was my topic. I didn't post about the IRA. Not that it bothered me that they did. Do you think Oscar Wilde didn't go off-topic? I have my own opinion about stuff. If your opinion is fluff then fine Podge. It's a free world. If it makes you happy to label people then go ahead and put people in boxes. I don't reject the label. I reject labels. 

Edited: 10/04/2014 at 10:13
Pudge    pirate
10/04/2014 at 10:30

I think you've selectively read the definition (deliberately).  It is not exclusively about taking threads off-topic.  However, not to worry.

Incidentally, just because an opinion is not vitriolic, hate-filled and spiteful does not mean that it is fluff.

Get a grip man.

10/04/2014 at 10:37

Actually, a certain Irish politician commenting on a certain celebrity's death was very much on topic since it illustrated the crass media overhype.

The extension of that element of the conversation was down to someone else.

Not I really believe that it was trolling, or that it was the reason it got cazzed. I just think someone found some of Philo's more speculative comments a bit insensitive.

11/04/2014 at 12:33

But if it isn't offensive to the recipient then is it offensive? Offence is more how it is received than how it is given. If 99 people are not offended and 1 person is offended, then is that offensive? It's never that simple. 

Is showing my soles on the beach in Blackpool offensive? Is going topless in Majorca offensive? Is a naked Amazon tribe offensive? 

11/04/2014 at 13:11

Some people are offended by breast feeding in public so some mothers protest by doing just that and making a point of doing it publicly. Who is being offensive here?

11/04/2014 at 13:31

Ya see it just is never ever that simple. You just offended Peter Collins for using affect instead of effect btw. Trolling is an impossible term. One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter. In Nazi Germany people were executed for speaking publicly about the atrocities during the war. No doubt they were "trolling" leaflets around before they were caught and shot.

1 to 20 of 43 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.