Where do you draw the line in controversial relationships?

41 to 43 of 43 messages
Crash Hamster    pirate
12/03/2012 at 10:41

It seems Dick van Dyke (86) has just married; his bride is age 40. Bloimy, Muary Puppins!

This would be like me lining up the next Mrs Hamster by touring the incubators at the maternity ward...still, good luck to them both.

12/03/2012 at 16:24

I would draw the line as soon as there is a power imbalance in the relationship, so while there is nothing wrong with a significant age gap per se I would be very suspicious of someone my age (late 20s) who wanted to go out with my 16 year old cousin. I think there is such a huge gap in experience and emotional maturity between those ages, it doesn't seem right to me.

Courtney Stodden (17) and Doug Hutchison (51) make my skin crawl, there seems to be something so wrong with that relationship, not least that her parents basically handed her over to him.

12/03/2012 at 16:28

I have worked at a few places that had the rule about no relationships in the same office/branch/department. I had a Saturday job at a high street bank when I was at college and you were not allowed to work in the same branch as your partner or a family member, the argument was that it would be easy to cover up any professional indiscretion.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 43 of 43 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.