which way round should i wear my new running vest?

10 messages
23/07/2010 at 12:45
i have just joined a running club and will be racing for them for the first time on saturday, as part of the club fees i was given a new club vest with the club name on it. but i'm unsure which way round to wear it, does the name go on the back or the front?
23/07/2010 at 12:45

This thread is no good without pictures.

23/07/2010 at 12:46
normally on the inside with the label sticking out at the front.....
23/07/2010 at 12:46
Unless of course you are a laydeee
23/07/2010 at 12:47
ahh, no, classic newbie mistake. what you think is a vest is, in fact, actually shorts. They have added ventilation so that you don't over heat in the nether regions. 
23/07/2010 at 12:50
Your arms go through the two holes to either side
23/07/2010 at 12:52
It depends - is it a front-name club or a back-name club? Getting it wrong could result in disqualification. From everything.
23/07/2010 at 12:55
I suggest you stop halfway and switch your shirt round (not forgetting to change your running number to the 'new' front). this way you can sure of being right at least half the time!
23/07/2010 at 13:04
Hang on... I see the problem now. You've got it inside-out.
23/07/2010 at 15:10

To be honest, I've always found that it depends on which side you put your ipod - a must in any race.  If you carry your ipod in one of those arm thingies on the left side, then your ipod wires are going to swing to the left, so you need to have your vest on with your club name etc on the back.

If you do the opposite and have your ipod thingie on the right, then you will be disqualified unless you wear your vest inside out and back to front. 

If, however, you wear yours in a bumbag / pocket towards the front, then you won't even be allowed out of the car park unless you have matching vest, shorts, socks and shoes (all brand new) and your vest MUST be worn with the large hole at the top and the small hole at the bottom.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.