Who had the better training method in Rocky IV?

Dolph Lundgren or Sylvester Stallone?

19 messages
11/03/2013 at 16:17

Im trying to decide if I should upgrade to a state of the art gym with scientists analyzing each of my sessions, or hang up carcasses on meat hooks and punch away at them ......... admittedly the second option will be slightly cheaper for me.

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
11/03/2013 at 16:19
It was fiction, so did it really work !
11/03/2013 at 16:19

Rocky IV - Stallone trained outside in the snow. 

11/03/2013 at 16:25

or in real life, Chris Boardman v Graeme Obree.

11/03/2013 at 16:26
Stick to what you know, beat the meat.....
11/03/2013 at 16:27

Dicky - So which one did he punch meat in a freezer then ....... I get confused with all these different training methods he adopted. One minute he's punching meat in a freezer, the next he's running through snow and chopping down trees.

11/03/2013 at 17:51

not really apples with apples—For the Dolph part to be true, the Rocky part must be running through snow carrying a log.

11/03/2013 at 17:55
A sensible training question at last David. There might be hope for you yet.
11/03/2013 at 18:08

Rocky - he wins the fight.

K80
11/03/2013 at 19:13
dean richardson 7 wrote (see)

Rocky - he wins the fight.

+1 Clearly beating the meat works

I'm a sucker for supporting the underdog.

11/03/2013 at 20:23
Why don't you do what john claude van damme did in blood sport and kick the shit out of a wooden post!!

Cheap easy and obviously helps with mental strength

What's the whole rocky thing got to do with running though?
11/03/2013 at 20:31

Rocky didn't win because of his training.

He won because of his commitment to democracy, truth, justice, and the American Way in the face of the evil communist man-as-machine. God Bless America.

12/03/2013 at 09:30

....and chicken chasing.   Lots of chicken chasing.                     

12/03/2013 at 09:35
Nicky McNamerson wrote (see)

He won because of his commitment to democracy, truth, justice, and the American Way in the face of the evil communist man-as-machine. God Bless America.

Like when he helped the Taliban ........ or was that Rambo?

12/03/2013 at 10:00

Rocky's training methods have never really worked for me. I don't believe I can fit all of my training into a 5 minute montage.

12/03/2013 at 10:29
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)
Nicky McNamerson wrote (see)

Like when he helped the Taliban ........ or was that Rambo?

They weren't the Taliban when he helped them. They were Mujahideen. There's a whole heap of difference.

Mujahideen are valiant fighters predisposed to great American notions such as religious faith, fighting superpowers who depose governments, and daring guerilla actions against the odds.

Taliban are cowardly fighters predisposed to evil notions such as religious fundamentalism, fighting superpower-backed authority, and terrorist actions.

That they consist of entirely the same people who see the conflicts the same is besides the point.

12/03/2013 at 10:51

lol Nicky ...... so true.

Bet Rambo III doesnt get many airings now on TV over in America.

12/03/2013 at 12:30

at the end of Rambo 3 before the credits there is text - this film is dedicated to the brave soldiers of afganistan.

George lucas would have gone back and changed it, probably made the afgans shoot first

12/03/2013 at 19:10

If you want a good Dolph Lundgren film watch 'Dark Angel'.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
19 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.