Why are all the mass murderers men?

1 to 20 of 30 messages
24/07/2012 at 19:18

The women are clever enough to get away with it

24/07/2012 at 19:21

We're better at multi-tasking.

24/07/2012 at 19:22
I've just read a thriller that the police were baffled and the profiler couldn't figure it out. Turned out to be a woman. And then it was explained that ther had been 4 women. Russia America Mexico and can't remember the other
24/07/2012 at 19:29

Typical, always moving the goal posts.

24/07/2012 at 19:36

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/mass/female_mass_murderer/1.htm

Apparently I can't do links

24/07/2012 at 19:54

Google women mass murders it came up as the first link

24/07/2012 at 19:54

There's a wikipedia article on it, google "femle serial killers"

24/07/2012 at 20:06

Myra Hindley?

Edited: 24/07/2012 at 20:07
WiB
24/07/2012 at 20:14
SuperCaz wrote (see)

The women are clever enough to get away with it

Or they get caught after the first one...

WiB
24/07/2012 at 20:18

Serial killing and spree/rampage killing is different. There was a chick a couple of years ago at a university in Georgia or Alabama, somewhere like that. Not a student, a lecturer. She lost it after being denied a permanent post and shot a few people. But yes, she's a rare exception.

24/07/2012 at 20:29

There's Brenda Ann Spencer

Edited: 24/07/2012 at 20:30
24/07/2012 at 20:44

Rosemary West?

24/07/2012 at 20:48

God the first thing that blokes become really good at and women always want equal rights

"We wanna kill as many as you men its not fair bloody homocidal glass ceiling thats what it is.....bloody sexist wheres the suffragette movement when you need them...equal rights for genocide"

24/07/2012 at 21:17
I think that it's partly because when women do kill - they do it on a mass scale. I did my dissertation a in on female murderers during the holocaust and I was interesting to see the role that peer pressure played in a women turning into a sadistic killer.... Again holocaust is a different kettle of fish but the basis was that some women it kill to be in a higher hierarchy position above men and to be considered number 1
24/07/2012 at 21:28
My mum met a Dr once who was forced to work Mengele at auschwittz
24/07/2012 at 21:30
He was our family Dr delivered my sister. He was a Jew forced to work he was tracked down by authorities bu let off as he was working under duress
Dark Vader    pirate
24/07/2012 at 21:45

I'll tell you why....    here's a typical day's diary for Mrs Mass Murderer..:

alarm goes off at 5:30.
feels a bit crabby because period is due to start.  boobs ache and feeling bloated.
drags herself out of bed at 6:00.  stands on scales.  bad news.  she has put on 2lbs since yesterday.  how can that be?  She had salad and was really good.
showers.  can't decide what to wear.  short sleeves or long sleeves.  weather looks uncertain.  heels or flats?  maybe both.  wear flats and take heels...  
makes packed lunch for Mr Lovely Radio 4 Rover Car Driving Perfect Husband
Puts dishwasher on, because she forgot to do it last night
scoops up the dirty washing and loads the machine
wakes up her three children.  drags teenager out of bed, grunting and protesting.
all kids now in various states or showering/dressing/arguing over the coco pops
by 8:45 she has the house to herself and can finally settle to plan her days mass murdering
she gets her homemade automatic weapon out from behind the washing powder.
she made it herself from yoghurt cartons, biro's and a roll of tin foil.   she couldn't afford to buy a real gun as No.2 daughter needed cello lessons and they are really expensive thesedays..
phone rings.  hides gun.  oh no...  its annoying friend...  again...  feels obligated to listen to friend crying over her divorce settlement for the next two hours...
gets gun out again...  but decides to check her facebook and update her status to..  'glass of wine on the patio.  perfect sunny morning'.   fuck it..  no one will know she's lying and she thinks everyone lies too..
bugger..  she has spent 2 hours on facebook, twitter and the John Lewis web site...
kids will be home soon...   she has achieved nothing all day...   again....
starts worrying about dinner... no idea what to cook, but everyone expects a proper cooked meal...   shit,...   the only thing in the freezer is one fish finger, brussel sproats and a bag of ice-cubes.
window salesman at the door...  tells him they are moving next week..
rushes out to Sainsburys to buy food for dinner
everyone is home now...   demanding her skills at making a roman centurion costume, algebra, the history of Spain and her lovely husband is complaining about his sandwiches...  again...
suddenly she remembers the gun....    she really must get out and shoot some people
not right now though...   teenager wants more toast and can't be bothered to make it..
sees the pile of ironing that needs to be done...
she collapses into bed at 11pm...  exhausted....
11:01, she remembers the gun...  damn...  the shooting will have to wait until tomorrow
11:02, she is asleep............................

24/07/2012 at 22:09

wouldnt tend to comment on such posts but I think firstly I can think of a number of female serial killers - Myra Hindley, Rose West (although they both had male accomplices), Aileen Wuornos.

However, spree killings very much tend to be men. I am sure there are some but I cant think of any, however I can think of a few men/boys. (Thomas Hamilton, the Columbine boys, Hungerford and all the other US ones... ). Id say men generally are more likely to bottle up emotions, hold grudges (due to pent up feelings) and not talk to people if they think they have mental health/related issues. They are more likely to be more violent (generally) also... (evidence shows men who commit suicide do so in more violent means to women). I think men are programmed generally to be more physical. Women are programmed to nurture whereas men to defend... doesnt always happen that way but in many more cases Id say it does.

The current case is slightly odd in that he wasnt known to police etc but Im sure more will come out in time.

25/07/2012 at 00:09

Lucretia Borgia, Myra Hindley, Rose West, Mary Bell (she was really, really scarry... no man involved), nurse Beverley Allit (she was scarry, when I need one, I want my nurse to look after me).

25/07/2012 at 00:15

tri chick  ..." all the other US ones"  Isn't this a gun culture problem.  In the USA they have the right to bear arms... as part of a legitimate militia...  The rest of the silly arses should have thier guns taken off them.  According to thier own constitution, which they don't know or choose to ignore.

1 to 20 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.