Why aren't women as funny as men generally?

41 to 49 of 49 messages
26/02/2013 at 14:03

I've read about this and agree with an interesting theory,

Men are already attracted to Women, therefore Women don't really need to make a Man laugh or charm him in particular. It usually works the other way. Peacocks for example.. the male is brightly coloured and will show his plummage. The femail doesn't need to. He already favours her.

That said, I do like funny Women. Sense of humour, as in an actual sense for funny things doesn't necessarily mean cracking the funnies all the time it can just be a subtle appreciation of wit or something that appears genuinely funny?

JFB
26/02/2013 at 14:11

Comics often have to play safe on TV, or stick to the formula of the show they've been stuck with.  Apparently even Bob Monkhouse was funny live and away from the cameras.  I've seen some lame stuff from Lenny Henry on the box, but live, he was great.

26/02/2013 at 14:26
Cheerful Dave wrote (see)
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

"women concern themselves with more important things"

Really????

Given that most of the posters to this thread are men, I'd say that's point proven.

KK may be the exception to that rule

I think KK is a bloke in disguise and that her husband she keeps referring to is more of a 'civil partner'.

26/02/2013 at 16:00

I've been told I think like a man but men. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing!

26/02/2013 at 16:20
ghost of kittenkat wrote (see)

I've been told I think like a man but men. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing!

How could that be bad?

K80
26/02/2013 at 16:32
Why aren't women as funny as men generally?

Generally because we're laughing at them not with them

26/02/2013 at 16:37
Surrey Runner wrote (see)
Men use humour to get women into bed. Women don't have to.

Nailed it.

Blisters    pirate
26/02/2013 at 22:58

They are quite capable of going to bed on their own.

26/02/2013 at 23:18

Tim Vine...  the exception that proves the rule.

Or is it David, i'm not sure which one makes me laugh more.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 49 of 49 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.