Why do they make dog toys...

12 messages
28/06/2012 at 16:50

I have to ask why do people buy cat toys - never as interesting as rolled up bits of paper or in the case of the much missed Rascal something he nicked from a neighbour

28/06/2012 at 16:57

Because they can make money from you coming back for the deluxe, tough version that you decided against the first time because you thought the value model would be okay?

28/06/2012 at 20:54

Oh mine catch living things as well - but most of the time considerately eat it so I don't have many nasty surprises

28/06/2012 at 21:01

There's no such thing as the super strong deluxe version .... we bought the Idiots an indestructable,, dog proof, super tuff pull toy at Christmas .... within 5 minutes it was reduced to small pea-sized lumps of 'super-tuff' rubber on the floor with a pair of Idiots leafing through the yellow pages looking for the number for Trading Standards !! 

28/06/2012 at 23:22

Hmm... mine is going through beds at a rate of 1 / month!

The last toy we bought him was a stuffed penguin: even the shop owner commented that it looked too good for a dog as I handed over my seven quid! He had the wings off within hours but, to be fair, he's looked after the body like a prized possession ever since.

28/06/2012 at 23:49

got to agree the only thing he has murdered is the rubber tug rope and the Kong

28/06/2012 at 23:53
goldbeetle wrote (see)

got to agree the only thing he has murdered is the rubber tug rope and the Kong

Er.....aren't you forgetting the Xbox controller 

29/06/2012 at 01:38

so you have to buy more .. simples

on an unrelated but amusing note ... one of the chinchillas chased a spider across the room and ate it

just thought you'd appreciate knowing that

29/06/2012 at 06:41
CB69 wrote (see)

The last toy we bought him was a stuffed penguin: even the shop owner commented that it looked too good for a dog as I handed over my seven quid! He had the wings off within hours but, to be fair, he's looked after the body like a prized possession ever since.

CB69, strange isn't it ... ours are like that with a stuffed rabbit they won .... as soon as we got home it was de-stuffed and de-eared ... but now its little limp body is taken everywhere with them.

Loon. wrote (see)

on an unrelated but amusing note ... one of the chinchillas chased a spider across the room and ate it

Never knew a Chinchilla could chase something ... have always considered them to be the Rip Van Winkle of the pet world, as whever I've seem them, either at friends or in petshops they've been sleeping.

Dark Vader    pirate
29/06/2012 at 06:48

I give my dog the container from a Muller Rice to lick out...   he only has little legs and struggles to hold it, so it rolls around and he chases it and then wil continue to charge around the house or garden with it in his mouth for days until he gets bored with the half chewed plastic remnants...   so, we give him another one and it starts again....

29/06/2012 at 08:13
Loon - I once had a hamster that had a short but violent battle with a daddy long legs. It ate the body, and just left the wings and legs .
02/07/2012 at 16:50

My dog does the same with toys specifically for dogs, some of them dont last 5 minutes, however if you have an IKEA near you, we found that childrens soft toys from IKEA last for ages! I can recommend them, as tested by my dog (jack russell) and my friends dog (german shepherd). He has had one toy now (a weasel/ferret thing - yea they have some wierd soft toys in ikea!) since he was a puppy which is 5 years and although one of its legs has come off its still basically intact. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.