Will you marry me?

Winter training runs

21 to 36 of 36 messages
Aitch!    pirate
02/01/2010 at 20:03
Congratulations!!

What a lovely way to propose. She's a lucky girl!
04/01/2010 at 21:24

Nobody else proposed or been proposed to on a training run then?

Just me

05/01/2010 at 09:26

Well there's the Bendy Wendy story ... her running partner suddenly stopped mid run and kissed her and said he'd wanted to do that for the 18 months they'd been running together. The forum went into overdrive with a Face Book page, think we overwhelmed her cos  she vanished ..  still don't know if they are happily ever after but quite a thread!

Congratulations btw!

D

LIVERBIRD    pirate
05/01/2010 at 09:41

Did you actually PULL the ring out of your shoe or just motion as if you did?

That would've been bloody uncomfy!

Missy D - I remember Bendy Wendy! That was one sweet story.....

Congrats R Dave! Whaddya think of the cake?

http://www.azcakes.com/images/groom/4b.jpg

05/01/2010 at 10:08

Aw, congratulations, R Dave!    That's so sweet.

Nope, no proposal on a training run for me, because hubby and I don't run together as a) he runs at a much faster pace than me, b) he doesn't have nearly the same levels of stamina and c) he hasn't run for bloody ages cos he's a lazy arse .

I didn't actually get a proposal at all - we just kind of agreed to get married in a very matter-of-fact sort of way.  Lord P is quite good at things like surprise bunches of flowers and unexpected gifts, though, so there is some romance there...

Anyway, your story is lovely!

05/01/2010 at 10:08
Ahhhhhhhhhh lovely.......BIG congrats
LIVERBIRD    pirate
05/01/2010 at 10:16

Mine went down on one knee in an Italian restaurant dressed in a tuxedo! *sigh*

I started off high maintenance and I've never let him forget it....

05/01/2010 at 10:51

Goodness, some of these are lovely.

Our engagement went along the lines of us wandering up the high street, he stopped and looked in the jeweller's window and asked if I like'd a particular ring. I said I did. He asked "Shall we?" and I replied "Go on then"

Yes, he's about as romantic as a brick, but I'm not much better!  

05/01/2010 at 10:59

I had a spot picked out at the foot of a mountain in the Pyrenees - after a meal with a group of friends I said to my then girlfriend that I needed some fresh air after such a big meal, so we went outside together - unfortunatley we never made it to the scenic spot I'd picked as she was complaining about being too cold, so I did it in the doorway of a pharmacy  d'oh!

05/01/2010 at 11:02
Well done!!
05/01/2010 at 19:28

Great stories guys and I'm a bit gutted to have missed that sensational thread of Bendy Wendy. To be honest when you said Bendy Wendy I thought that this thread was going on to a whole different subject.

Love the cake LB but as I always say "any cake is good cake" and yes I did have the ring in my shoe. I was paranoid about losing it so I had it fastened to my lace with an elastic band and then taped to the inside of the tongue. It wasn't uncomfortable but I felt a little stupid when I got ready for the run and then put on a jacket with zipping pockets. DOH!

06/01/2010 at 16:45
Ah, very romantic!

I didn't really get a proposal either. We'd been together 15 years, and he phoned me from a party with his family (I was ill at home) saying "they're all hassling me - shall we just do it then?". I even chose the ring by myself!
06/01/2010 at 17:46

My proposal was after a slap up meal on my birthday.

I'd just unbuttoned my jeans to let my belly hang out when Mr S asked if I'd marry him

My reply was a swear word, thinking he was joking and then when I realised he wasn't...

06/01/2010 at 17:56

Bendy Wendy thread. One to read if you're snowed in ... may take a while

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages/mps/dt/4/UTN/139746/

07/01/2010 at 14:35

Love the Bendy Wendy thread btw especially the smutty stuff - very very funny.

Managed to get a third of the way through it and thought I ought to save some until tomorrow

07/01/2010 at 15:01

Congratulations R Dave,

Beautiful way to propose to your lady !!! Very unique, it wont ever be forgotten.

My Husband ( as of September 09) and i were living in Jersey at the time, had gone for an evening walk, work was quite stressful and money tight, we were discussing coming back to the UK. 

Walked along Victoria Pier ( large 1/2 mile concrete pier), got to the end and i went up a few steps to the look out, i asked my fella does it make him dizzy up here, ( i am scared of heights), he said not really but this does, i turned around to see him on one knee, with a ring in his fingers and him saying " will you do me the greatest honour and be my wife?",  i was totally stunned and felt like my knees were going to give way.  All i could splutter out was "Are you for real?" ( i know not what he was looking for, but i was totally stunned). I just grabbed him and kissed him saying yes, yes, yes.  It was only then that we noticed some people fishing off the end of the pier below us, all clapping and cheering, wishing is congratulations.  I was shaking so much i could not drive my car back to our flat !

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.