Windsor 1/2....

I've REALLY done it now! ARRGGHH

41 to 44 of 44 messages
09/08/2002 at 15:06
Was that directed at me?!?!

If it was you'te mistaken, I regularly do about 32-35 now, but thats it! I'd be running on stubs otherwise!
cougie    pirate
09/08/2002 at 15:52
That sounds fine - have you considered maybe even cutting down the distance and running shorter and faster ? You've certainly got the endurance.
10/08/2002 at 15:29
I did a ten miler last night. It was tough, but I got through it ok! For my faster runs I was, and still am to a certain extent, doing 5 milers. I plan on upping my mileage, then tapering down a couple of weeks before.
10/08/2002 at 22:29
I did my best half marathon time (and incidentally, best 10k time) while I was building up to FLM2002. I think the regular training running over the distance helped a lot, and definitely imporved the finishing time. It was the difference between running strongly to the end and slowing in the last few miles.

JFTR my best times are 41:01 for the 10k and 1:33:03 for a half, so your 1:40 certainly looks possible, although I suspect more long runs closer to the distance would imporve your chances :o)

Iain

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 44 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.