Would you rather be a twat or inadequate?

The majority vote in the pub was twat

9 messages
OW
22/08/2012 at 21:53

So?

OW
22/08/2012 at 22:11
I cant be arsed, does that make me a twat?
22/08/2012 at 22:13

Inadequate in what way?

22/08/2012 at 22:24
One can always lower ones ambitions, but a twat will always be a twat.
OW
22/08/2012 at 22:33

No Mr Puffy - you have to try harder

sarah - it was a jokey comment about a friend's ex. She decided she didn't feel anger at him being 'a twat' because she thought instead he was just inadequate (unable to cope with life) and couldn't help himself. So we had a discussion about which was worse as an adjective. She'd actually meant inadequate in a positive way!!!

OW
23/08/2012 at 12:56
OW wrote (see)

No Mr Puffy - you have to try harder

sarah - it was a jokey comment about a friend's ex. She decided she didn't feel anger at him being 'a twat' because she thought instead he was just inadequate (unable to cope with life) and couldn't help himself. So we had a discussion about which was worse as an adjective. She'd actually meant inadequate in a positive way!!!

Ah, ok

In that case, I think I'd rather be inadequate. Because being a twat seems more of a choice... if that makes sense!

23/08/2012 at 13:34

I'm just happy I'm being given an either-or option.

Pethead    pirate
23/08/2012 at 14:15

Misunderstood "inadequate" there! I was about to say, I'd rather be a decent and inadequate guy than a well-hung twat, but as that's not the topic I'm not sure...

No, I'd rather be able to cope with life, even if it doesn't endear me to everyone.

24/08/2012 at 10:16

OED

twat = a person regarded as stupid or obnoxious

inadequate = (of a person) unable to deal with a situation or with life

Edited: 24/08/2012 at 10:29

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.