WTF is happening

Who is keeping an eye on this country

201 to 220 of 458 messages
27/06/2013 at 19:18

27/06/2013 at 19:31

27/06/2013 at 20:10

I always thought he had resembled someone who had just got home from the pub. Like a drunk who talks bollocks but because they are pissed they actaully think they are saying something intelligent.

27/06/2013 at 20:15
Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)

I always thought he had resembled someone who had just got home from the pub. Like a drunk who talks bollocks but because they are pissed they actaully think they are saying something intelligent.

Think you're confusing Canute for Crazy Diamond. 

Cocker Spaniel actually, Nick.  A bloody good runner at that.

27/06/2013 at 20:58

That the weather in this country is incompatible with the game of cricket - I blame the establishment.

28/06/2013 at 13:36

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23099582

Told you he wouldn't win.

28/06/2013 at 15:18

You bet he did, he's a narcissist and a psychopath.

He thinks he's superior to everyone else, hence the "18 month existential detour" thing. Sadly for him, to us lesser mortals it just looked like him and his girfriend were a couple of murdering bastards.

I hope he enjoyed his day in court though, he won't get another one.

28/06/2013 at 16:37

He will try, he's had best part of 50 years to cool off and is still working at manipulating people

28/06/2013 at 16:40

now there's a hypothetical dilemma for you, if you could see into the future and you say Brady's future ahead when he was a child himself would you have become a child killer yourself, would you have disposed of him

28/06/2013 at 16:51
Runnin man wrote (see)

now there's a hypothetical dilemma for you, if you could see into the future and you say Brady's future ahead when he was a child himself would you have become a child killer yourself, would you have disposed of him

That's a bit too hypothetical for me - firstly on the grounds that I can't see into the future and secondly because I don't think anything is predetermined - he might have taken a different turn to the one he did take at any point. 

28/06/2013 at 19:15

Yes, this is the point. Its 1940 something, I've got to somehow convince a jury that I have psychic powers in order to avoid being hanged myself. I'm not so noble that I'm about to sacrifice myself for the sake of Ian Brady.

Maybe if there was some way of providing some form of contraceptive to Mrs. Brady...

seren nos yn canu    pirate
28/06/2013 at 19:28

so Nick 

i can hear your defence...........the voices in my head told me that this little boy is evil and should not be allowed to live so i killed him......

not sure what the answer to  the question is though

28/06/2013 at 20:45

28/06/2013 at 21:23

At the cost of my own life though - still doesn't sound like the best deal to me

At least you'd get a really good return on sacrificing your life to prevent Hitler - or even Harold Shipman come to think of it.

Edited: 28/06/2013 at 21:23
29/06/2013 at 06:36

the point is whether you'd kill someone to prevent others being killed, in the heat of the moment I probably would, given time to consider maybe not. also by killing you would become a notorious killer, if you were to be given hero status would it change That?

29/06/2013 at 07:48

it must take a certain type of person to kill in cold blood......pre meditated.........and i really wouldn't want to be the type of person who could do that even if it meant saving other lives......in the heat of the moment to save lives I would probably do it..but pre meditated and planned.......no I'm pretty sure I couldn't

otherwise the world just has a different monster in it instead of the one you killed.....

29/06/2013 at 07:53

and why just Brady........

you could pick a number of people............maybe Andrew wakefield....for causing the MMR scare and any child who has died from measles since because of non vaccination.......

or the editor of the daily mail who had headline after headlins that MMR caused my childs death or cause autism.....

or maybe the guy in whitehall who said that there were weapons of mass destruction in iraq

if you are going to go back in time and kill people who have caused multiple deaths then which do you pick first

29/06/2013 at 08:26

Adam and Eve 

29/06/2013 at 09:40

Sounds like a great plot for a film... psychics (call them precogs) predict crime before it happens... You could call it "Minority Report".

I will just go and copyright the idea....

29/06/2013 at 10:06

very old suggestion and not a recent claim, it will be newspaper talk

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.