WTF is happening

Who is keeping an eye on this country

381 to 400 of 606 messages
03/07/2013 at 14:08
JMopper wrote (see)

Is it still the right thing to do if you take into account the fact that the extra layer of checks will cause people to die (statistically speaking)?

There doesn't need to be an extra layer of checks. Adequate enough guidelines are already in place, they just need to be applied properly!

03/07/2013 at 14:11
Nick Windsor 4 wrote (see)
JMopper wrote (see)

Is it still the right thing to do if you take into account the fact that the extra layer of checks will cause people to die (statistically speaking)?

Put in a prohibitive cost of £1000 per NHS toursit and that will make ample time for our nurses to attend to those who have legitimately earned treatment, another excuse for not doing it.

JMopper wrote (see)

Put in a prohibitive cost of £1000 per NHS toursit and that will make ample time for our nurses to attend to those who have legitimately earned treatment, another excuse for not doing it.

£1000 is an absolute bargain!

And if anyone is going to get f**ed it is going to be you and me as users of the NHS in yankie doodle land you get no treatment 'til you can prove you can pay for it. So we will have to go everywhere with a passport; no treatment 'til you can prove you are from the EU. 

Deep joy, a job creation scheme

03/07/2013 at 14:19

Er...are you familiar with the concept of travel insurance Sideburn? And if you don't have your passport with you in the US it's only because you're a Mexican who sneaked across the border at night  - otherwise how else did you manage to get through immigration without one?

I'm also at a loss as to how it's a "job creation scheme".

Edited: 03/07/2013 at 14:19
03/07/2013 at 14:27
Screamapillar wrote (see)

Er...are you familiar with the concept of travel insurance Sideburn? And if you don't have your passport with you in the US it's only because you're a Mexican who sneaked across the border at night  - otherwise how else did you manage to get through immigration without one?

I live in the EU; why would I need travel insurance to use the NHS?

And an estimated cost of £60M means more jobs, probably out-sourced to the private sector

03/07/2013 at 14:33

As long as there are material savings to be made it is good for business, spend £1million, and create some jobs to save £1,000,001 and you're in business, tax revenues to be had, goods to be bought and it will cut the NHS workload so yes, winners all round.

03/07/2013 at 14:43

As long as there are material savings to be made it is good for business, spend £1million, and create some jobs to save £1,000,001 and you're in business, tax revenues to be had, goods to be bought and it will cut the NHS workload so yes, winners all round.

Except that for every £1 spent we save 50p.....

03/07/2013 at 14:55
SideBurn wrote (see)
Screamapillar wrote (see)

I live in the EU; why would I need travel insurance to use the NHS?

And an estimated cost of £60M means more jobs, probably out-sourced to the private sector

Ah, I misunderstood  - the sentence ran "it is going to be you and me as users of the NHS in yankie doodle land" - see this is why I keep telling everyone on the other thread why punctuation and stuff is important 

03/07/2013 at 15:02

Apologies! I have been out for a few hours this morning! Poor excuse I know but it ruins: my; punctu,ation and smelling. I meen spelling,

Try and read what I mean not what I say  

03/07/2013 at 15:31
SideBurn wrote (see)

Except that for every £1 spent we save 50p.....

You're just using it as the excuse to do nothing again, it saves £30 million if we charge them £200 each, at £400 each we save money, at £500 we make profit, that's where we should be,

03/07/2013 at 15:33
SideBurn wrote (see)

Apologies! I have been out for a few hours this morning! Poor excuse I know but it ruins: my; punctu,ation and smelling. I meen spelling,

Try and read what I mean not what I say  

26/07/2013 at 15:07
Crazy Diamond wrote (see

Also, if you had read the information that is freely available on the internet, you would know that the judge wanted to jail Hall for longer but was restricted by archaic laws that state a crime can only be punishable based on the guidelines laid down when the offence was committed. 

Then again, you don't get much reading in the 'colour by numbers' kind of media you appear to favour.

Oh look today Hall's sentence doubled as inappropriate, nothing whatsoever to do with guidelines.

23/08/2013 at 11:48

A young girl who was blown out to sea on a set of inflatable teeth was rescued by a man on an inflatable lobster. A coastguard spokesman commented, "this sort of thing is all too common"

This has to be my favourite news quote ever

23/08/2013 at 15:57

I know this is your thread Nick but how about this;

I learned the other day (Eurosport!) that Norway has used 'its' North Sea oil to create a fund of $600B! Just the interest pays 11% of the countries outgoings, the fund would pay for their national health and education service for 300 years! They have already paid off their national debt and are now investing in other countries including the UK.

In contrast the UK burns off the gas that it gets as a by-product of oil extraction and buys gas from, you have guessed it Norway. The UK has, as David Cameron keeps saying, a massive national debt and successive governments have used the oil revenue to..... what?

I found this old news story to illustrate this;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19871411

As you say WTF?

25/08/2013 at 14:31

As Jim Bowen used to say "and this is what you could have had" 

never mind it maybe that we're not as fortunate as Norway with natural resources, we are only an island made of coal, surrounded by oil and gas, and guess what we buy French nuclear power (propping their industry) we're at the mercy of Russia for our gas and import South African an Polish coal, we pay the Germans for our water, our banks are in Spanish hands and now Norway wants a slice of the action.

All we need now is to get involved in Syria (while the rest of the world looks on, unwilling to move) and we may actually be able to qualify for ban EU rebate sometime in the next 50 years 

WTF indeed

25/08/2013 at 16:47

I don't know how you find the strength to carry on Alf sorry Nick

26/08/2013 at 11:33

Complacency and apathy are understandable, but it's what got us in this mess, we need less of it from our substandard politicians but in the end it's our own fault for tolerating this sort of crap

26/08/2013 at 11:37

So stop 'tolerating' it, quit the constant whinging and do something proactive.

26/08/2013 at 20:42

I do, my MP get's it in the neck regularly, but it needs everyone to do something.

27/08/2013 at 08:44

I do, my MP get's it in the neck regularly, but it needs everyone to do something.

Your MP's are on their 'Summer break' so you will have to be quick once it finishes if you want to get to them before their Autumn break starts

30/08/2013 at 23:07

So a man wiith 56,000 highly classified stolen documents is stopped coming into the country and investigated, yet HE resorts to the law to prevent the authorities looking at his contraband data. Who in the name of all that is right is looking after ethics in our law systems.

I'm absolutely shocked, this is f*****g ludicrous

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.