WTF is happening

Who is keeping an eye on this country

601 to 606 of 606 messages
29/08/2014 at 09:42

So we have social workers and Police who knew full well that a Pakistani gang were befriending vulnerable Children and they are paralysed into no action in fear of being branded racist for calling out these gangs.

The ultimate racism is their targeting of these children who they refer to as Chicken nuggets (cheap white meat)

We know these gangs exist, it is not a cultural difference it is criminal racist attacks on the vulnerable 

Edited: 29/08/2014 at 09:43
29/08/2014 at 15:59

Isn't this more or less the same thing as people turning a blind eye to jimmy Saville for fear of the consequences (of calling him out)?

29/08/2014 at 19:59
I believe the people who turned a blind eye to Jimmy Savile (Esther Rantzen and the like) were selfish people afraid to ruin their own lucrative careers by spoiling the name of someone who was a TV gem at the time. They should be investigated and possibly jailed.
The Pakistani attacks on vulnerable girls is a different issue, our police and social people are institutionally afraid to call out a racist crime for fear of the anti- race PC brigade turning on them, the priorities are upside down. These gangs need to be investigated directly, charged and jailed, yet our institutional fear of straight talking allows them to get away with it.
29/08/2014 at 20:11

It is a racist crime indeed- the people who do it tend to disparage 'the west' (despite living in it) and regard abusing white (as opposed to those from their own ethnic group) girls and not shitting on ones doorstep. 

i do think cowardice on the part of people who were supposed to be protecting the innocent came into play both here and with cases like Saville though. 

Edited: 29/08/2014 at 20:11
29/08/2014 at 20:15
Totally agree that people should stand up and be counted, but Being accused of cowardice, failure to protect and desertion of duty all pale into insignificance when there is the threat of being branded racist.
Yesterday at 10:32

I agree there is a racist element at play here but I would put money on there being high levels of sexual abuse within the Pakistani community too because the culture/religion is very misogynistic, very conservative and has a lot of taboos about speaking out and bringing dishonour on the family.   

Itdoesn't surprise me that social workers / police failed to do their job, most people are afraid to stick their head above the parapet.   

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
601 to 606 of 606 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.