WTF is happening

Who is keeping an eye on this country

621 to 634 of 634 messages
07/10/2014 at 11:10

I disagree, if you Troll someone, you generally make an unwelcome intrusion that is in some cases not illegal, so exposure should be treated just the same, what's to stop me finding someone and confronting them?

The example is in the paedophile hunters, the Police complain but then aren't doing anything as proactive themselves  

07/10/2014 at 11:23
The plods are too busy chasing motorists
07/10/2014 at 13:34

Or other soft targets, middle to high income earners who have amore than 50% chance of being able to cough up to a fine

07/10/2014 at 13:38
Dave The Iron Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
The plods are too busy chasing motorists

Not around here! It is a free for all; when people are killed it seems that it is either the car or usually the road that is to blame.

The driver is just an unfortunate victim of circumstance  or drunk

07/10/2014 at 13:51

Nick - there is a big difference between you confronting someone and Sky turning up on someones doorstep, and let us face it sometime they really won't have bothered investigating the facts. Personally, I think this type of comment should be investigated by the police and the person held to account via the law.

07/10/2014 at 14:09

I agree with Max here. It's the job of police and the courts to find someone guilty 

07/10/2014 at 15:39

Nick disagrees with me. Philomena agrees with me. On balance that is reassuring

07/10/2014 at 16:09
KK will be along son to disagree with everyone
07/10/2014 at 18:22

I think if I took it into my head tomorrow to begin to Police something my local Bobbies are ignoring (drink drivers to burglars etc) I should be applauded

08/10/2014 at 10:52

Nick - good on you if you do that. If you do it, what training do you plan on undertaking beforehand? Imagine developing the investigative, people, communication, self defense, etc, etc skills may be time consuming and costly but a worthwhile investment for a community spirited soul. Unless of course you are thinking Death Wish vigilante where Nick Windsor is the arbiter of right and wrong, and meets out any punishment he deems fit. If it is that then I am a little worried by this.

Edited: 08/10/2014 at 10:53
08/10/2014 at 12:31

You shouldn't be worried, a good enthusiastic amateur is at least the equal of a tired cynical professional, exposing the wrong-doers would be easy and would require little in skills, of course once exposed the punishment comes form tried and tested means, if they can be bothered

08/10/2014 at 13:16

More Sherlock Holmes than Charles Bronson perhaps?

08/10/2014 at 13:26

Or maybe Columbo, a loveable terrier that won't let go, which TV detective are you, and why 

08/10/2014 at 13:36

Inspector Frank Drebin;

Mayor: Drebin, I don't want any more trouble like you had last year on the southside. Understand? That's my policy.

Frank: Yes. Well, when I see 5 weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.

Mayor: That was a 'Shakespeare in the Park' production of 'Julius Caesar', you moron! 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
621 to 634 of 634 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.