WTF is happening

Who is keeping an eye on this country

61 to 80 of 458 messages
19/06/2013 at 17:24
Crazy Diamond wrote (see)

That's ok, Nick, I object to pretty much every narrow minded, disrespectful sentiment you've displayed towards people who work in the public sector.

As someone whose partner works in the public sector and does not have a gold-plated pension an easy ride or a particularly great salary, I applaud your post Mr Diamond.

19/06/2013 at 20:53
Nick Windsor 4 wrote (see)

It's fine to disagree, that's what debate is all about, when it turns to insults to illustrate a point it tends to undermine your argument, clearly you ackowledge this error of judgement now so thank you.

I wonder how many comments, on other threads, from Nick have been insults rather than debate........

19/06/2013 at 21:18
SideBurn wrote (see)

Not all Paramedics choose to drive unreasonably fast; any who do are dickheads.

Speed kills; it does not matter how good or well trained a driver you are. Paramedics know or should know this better than most.

If they feel the need to drive too fast to meet targets; they are in the wrong job...

And are you saying that the Police fit people up....?  Controversial

Er...who said anything about paramedics' driving speeds? I'm saying I've been told by one that the targets they are set to arrive at a call are unreasonable.

And no, I'm not suggesting the police "fit people up" either.

If you're going to reply to a post at least read it properly first

Edited: 19/06/2013 at 21:19
19/06/2013 at 21:18

It's fine to disagree, that's what debate is all about, when it turns to insults to illustrate a point it tends to undermine your argument, clearly you ackowledge this error of judgement now so thank you.

Nice try, Nick, given that you've been one of the most objectionable individuals on here of late.  I know you think you're being very clever.

19/06/2013 at 21:22

I think Nick comes across as intelligent but very badly informed - which is an odd combination...

19/06/2013 at 21:30

"as paramedics are expected to reach emergencies in an unreasonably fast time"

and

"expected to achieve certain clear up rates"

Meaning what Screamapillar?

Where Paramedics are concerned Government targets have changed, they are more about what you do when you get there. Unfortunately this means you can be an exemplary Paramedic by doing excellent paperwork.

I am not so clued up about Police targets.... anyone?  

But if you read the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 the sections in it are there for a reason. It is much more difficult to fit people up but I am sure it still happens

Edited: 19/06/2013 at 21:33
19/06/2013 at 21:39

Meaning a paramedic knows what a reasonable time is to get to an incident and he knows traffic conditions can affect it - if that time is cut he knows he can't get there, misses his target and gets,  I don't know, lectured by his managers as a result presumably - and missed targets is a good way to keep wages down.

Ditto the police, teachers, GPs any public body you care to mention. Because as I explained before what starts to matter is that you missed a target, or didn't tick a box, not the quality of actual customer service you provided. 

This is my point - but if you don't get it, you don't get it.

Edited: 19/06/2013 at 21:41
19/06/2013 at 21:49
Screamapillar wrote (see)

I think Nick comes across as intelligent but very badly informed - which is an odd combination...

I don't necessarily disagree that he has some intelligence, albeit badly conveyed. I do however think that he comes across as a Daily Mail subscriber with a severe lack of decision making skills. 

Edited: 19/06/2013 at 22:01
19/06/2013 at 22:09

I would say there is more than one way to interpret what you wrote.

The way times are worked out for Paramedics to get to jobs is too complicated for this forum. The 'times' are more to do with ensuring there are enough vehicles around. Paramedics should never be lectured for not driving fast enough.

I completely agree with your customer service comment though, but, how do you measure customer service? The Government are never going to chuck money down a bottomless pit without some measure of its effectiveness and value for money. As I have said the new targets are to do with what they do when they get there not how fast, so more customer service less burning rubber!

19/06/2013 at 22:10

Not sure any of those things are connected Nick.

I think that's where your "WTF is up with the UK?" argument falls down a bit. And I expect you could find similar stories in the German press, or the French.

And let's face it, it beats living in Syria doesn't it?

But hey I don't think Saudi has these problems.

20/06/2013 at 16:21

Thanks for the analysis, it's nice to see some of you get certain things, as for being badly informed, not at all, I think maybe the opposite, I am fairly well informed, but choose to take the information and make my own judgements, I do admit to being opinionated but what you're getting is a genuine snapshot of my personal beliefs.

I think you showed with your comments about all the teacher 'holidays' and working hours that you are pretty badly informed and that as a consequence your judgements based on this information are therefore poor as well. Just because you may know someone that gets away with not doing a lot doesn't mean that is what everyone does (as pointed out on another post) but I would have thought an intelligent chap like yourself would realise that .

Edited: 20/06/2013 at 16:23
20/06/2013 at 19:21

Firstly having read the above comments, this doesn't imply that I think public sector workers are lazy or anything of the sort, no more than private sector workers are.

There is a common problem with people who do the least and expect the most in a lot of work scenarios, however this occurs, whether it is through Union involvement, lax management or different expectations, I think the perception is that this minority of people survive better in the public sector.

I am now hiding

20/06/2013 at 21:09
Canute wrote (see)

Not sure any of those things are connected Nick.

I think that's where your "WTF is up with the UK?" argument falls down a bit. And I expect you could find similar stories in the German press, or the French.

And let's face it, it beats living in Syria doesn't it?

But hey I don't think Saudi has these problems.

What's your point? 

21/06/2013 at 22:22

21/06/2013 at 22:39

I refer to my previous answer.

21/06/2013 at 22:49

De ja vu, eh!

21/06/2013 at 22:50

DT *(nlr) is still a twat. 

21/06/2013 at 22:51

CD, nothing personal here.

24/06/2013 at 09:15

Yes you are right Nick, lets just make the law up as we go along.

Why not have a public tv vote once a month for a criminal to hang.... complete with a close up on their faces when they find out they have 'won'

And wait for it the hanging could be done -live on tv- At Christmas we could have a hang, draw and quarter.. with a celebrity executioner!

Do you actually know how people become judges Nick?

24/06/2013 at 09:39
SideBurn wrote (see)

!

Do you actually know how people become judges Nick?

I think Nick assumes that they get the position via the "Old Boys Network", and having gone to the "right school"

61 to 80 of 458 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.