You'd think the police would know better...

..... but hopefully a timely warning to dog owners

21 to 26 of 26 messages
03/07/2009 at 17:13

What's the difference between a GSD and an alsation? Sorry for thick question I like the long-haired ones - whichever they are.

I'm house-sitting at the moment and have full responsibility of a gorgeous black hunting lab - but by, can he fart!

03/07/2009 at 17:20
There is no difference, Siance, lookee here
M...eldy    pirate
03/07/2009 at 19:36
the only thing Labradors hunt are scraps  

As Flatfoot says ...  most dog handlers are there because they want to be and thier 'crew mates' are just that,  we dont know the full circs but it takes less than 10 minutes for a dog to cook in a car and however quick you think you are going to be its never quick enough to leave a dog in the car.

Most of our dog vans do have aircon but they are unreliable and (I think) need the engine on to work.

Most of ours van share so its quite normal for them to go to work in private cars before switching to the van

None the less a very sad story.
seren nos    pirate
03/07/2009 at 20:43
can't believe someone left a sleeping child in the car and went shopping....................unbelievable...
03/07/2009 at 22:25
M.ister W wrote (see

)

And stupid comment of the week goes to Lardarse

When did you last hear of a trained police dog savaging a small child?

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/norfolk/local_wavy_child_bitten_by_police_dog_200906010

Only kidding it's very rare.   You'd hope the person(s) responsible will be punished to some extent but whilst it's a stupid thing to let happen I'm sure most of us have done stupid things (possibly without such consequences) at some time.  
Edited: 03/07/2009 at 22:29
04/07/2009 at 15:00

Sure there was a case in the States last year,  when 2 toddlers died left in a car.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_2156828,00.html
Edited: 04/07/2009 at 15:02

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.