Young Writers question to parents

Poetry

61 to 66 of 66 messages
20/06/2013 at 13:13

Time to lobby your Board of Governors - better still, see if there's a place going free.

Everyone is fixated on success at all costs, much of this down to aspirational programming by the BBC et al. And that goes for our children at school. Unfortunately our state schools now have to compete with private schools and academy schools and with funding being cut all the time we're going to see more of this.

20/06/2013 at 13:23

In all honesty, some of these brands are pretty difficult to suss before they arrive. I was put in thee embarrassing position of one of my staff booking the skipping mob without sussing the sales side out first. 

Parents could clearly see I wasn't happy with the sales patter at the end of a presentation... which partially lessened their anger...

seren nos    pirate
20/06/2013 at 13:24

Tell the headteachers that if they want to go down the track of exploitation for money then the most profitable will be offering the kids for child prostitution........it will make most profits for the school

20/06/2013 at 13:25

Interesting notion, Seren, Deer!

20/06/2013 at 14:10

Sounds like some shocking examples.  But don't knock all "motivational" assemblies.  My understanding is that the big majority are absolutely genuine, done in a fair way by people who do it for the right reasons.

seren nos    pirate
20/06/2013 at 15:03

I'm not against the whole fundraising side of it............in the past my kids have done picture that were then put onto mugs and sold to us..........( they both have them still).and they also made pictures which were then framed.put in the hall like an art show and we then bought them .and they are still up in their bedrooms now 10 years later......

in both cases we had a choice and there was no big sales patter........

but these poems just seem so wrong to me

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 66 of 66 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.