Your Christmas Day

How will it be?

21 to 40 of 61 messages
14/12/2011 at 23:02
Mine is a bit boring
Woken at 5 by daughter - send her back to bed
Woken at 6:30 by daughter singing 'we wish you a merry Christmas' - send her back to bed
Woken by son around about 7, listen to him chatting for a few minutes, bring him into bed with us. Daughter jumps in too, all very squished but OH still sleeps.
Go downstairs about 7:30 after daughter has brought up all the stockings, including the cats and threatened to open the all.
Feed children and take up coffee to OH.
Give up on makin children wait for daddy and allow them to open stocking presents
OH appears - he will be pounced on by daughter and made to open his presents. She will hunt the cats and open theirs.
Realise it is nearly time for church so mad panic to get ready.
10:29 arrive at church
11:30 go to local hospital to sing Carols and allow children to be cooed over by patients and nurses
12:30 get home and make sandwiches
Eat presents and open sandwiches
Cook dinner
17:00 guests arrive and eat
19:00-19:30 children to bed
Clear up
Parents collapse in heap
21:00 parents to bed
14/12/2011 at 23:14
No idea what's going to happen as it's our first Christmas as foster parents looking after a hyper active deeply damaged little girl - she was up at 5am on 1st December so she could open her advent calendar, gawd knows what she'll be like on the day itself!

Our own grown up kids will be coming round for lunch - they and hubby will almost certainly get rat faced and I'll go for a run at sometime just so I can try out my new kit;-)

Other than knowing that we won't get any kip and hubby will be snoring on the sofa about 5 mins after his dinner anything could happen!
14/12/2011 at 23:48

I like to think I'll go for a run. but it would be less fun on my own (last year me, mum and sister went for a Christmas family run, but I'm with my OH family this year). We're staying with my boyfriend's sister, but going to his aunt's for lunch, which means at some point we're going to have to figure out which one of us is not going to be able to drink   (shocked smily for the fact that I've only just thought of that!)

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
15/12/2011 at 06:03

Don't know what it will be like, we're going to be at OH's youngest brother's house, he's single and always has been so Gawd knows what sort of Christmas dinner we'll be having! Apparently it's likely we'll be eating out on Boxing Day.

15/12/2011 at 11:58
Christmas a bit unknown here also this year.  We'll be away with my mum and Mr C not getting paid this month so probably all round a quieter affair...............as quiet as you can get with a 3 year old
15/12/2011 at 12:07
I'm working so that's going to be shite.
15/12/2011 at 12:07
New ground for us too this year as we're at my brothers. There will be a lot of us; brother, his wife, their 3 kids aged 7 & 3 (twins), the wife's parents, brothers and girlfriends. I intend to play with the kids new pressies, to avoid all annoying adult conversation.

Previous years with MrAN have been fab: wake up and empty stockings, breakfast (eggs Benedictus last year) with fizz, then the rest of our presents, cook lunch, devour lunch, watch kid's film, nap, then more telly. Last year there was a programme about winning the Ashes, proper good end to a lovely day.
15/12/2011 at 12:16

After keeping my son in bed until 6:45 - up and open his presents - then get ready to go to Father in Laws for Xmas - he is taking us out for Christmas Diiner at a local working mans cafe that he frequents - where the toilets are in a tatty old porta cabin with no paper or soap (normally) it is very squashed and the food normally involves chips!!!

But the reason I actually decided to comment was to respond to Sunluvva's post.

"No idea what's going to happen as it's our first Christmas as foster parents looking after a hyper active deeply damaged little girl - she was up at 5am on 1st December so she could open her advent calendar, gawd knows what she'll be like on the day itself!"

What an incredible exciting and worthwhile day you are going to have - You are giving the a little girl what may turn out to be hers and your best ever christmas - and that is what christmas is all about -

Good luck and I hope it is as great for her and you

15/12/2011 at 12:19

Wake up 7:30 ish... Coffee in bed

Swap our presents

The one sprog at home will be heading over to her Dads around 9ish, So we  were planning on hitting the gym for an hour

Serve traditional Christmas meal as it goes dark, All the sprogs over, Swap presents with the kids after the meal

Then watch the recording we made of the Doctor Who Christmas special from earlier

Then a glass of a very special single malt I have been saving

Reasonably early to bed as we are racing on Boxing Day

15/12/2011 at 12:44

No children in my house so we have a lie in on Christmas day.

Get up around 10, go downstairs in PJs and have a nice lazy breakfast with buck's fizz, mimosas and smoothie served in a cocktail glass for teetotal dad. Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for those that like it, scrambled eggs and bacon for those that think smoked salmon is an abomination (me and sister  ), mini croissants, lots of fancy jams, fresh brewed coffee.

11ish open stockings ... everyone gets one and everyone else collaborates on buying presents for them and then sneaks around during the night filling them up. Then get dressed and come back for round 2 of present opening, followed by a good amount of laying about uselessly, drinking more buck's fizz .

Lunch is around 2-3ish, followed by a walk, followed by a film - either Bond or a kid's film, or Wallace & Gromit. I'll get the mulled wine on the go after lunch so its ready for the evening.

Evening is whichever Xmas present DVD has the most votes, with mulled wine. No proper dinner, but maybe sandwiches ... last year we had a cheese board which went down really well so might do that again. Christmas cake, mince pies, gingerbread etc will all make an appearance.

I'd like to go for a run this year, so I think I'll sacrifice my Christmas morning lie-in to get it out of the way first thing.

15/12/2011 at 12:49
Have a lie in until around 11am

Have porridge for breakfast

Go for my first 20 mile run of the spring marathon campaign

Have a shower

Eat pizza and ice cream. Drink wine whilst watching The Godfather parts 1 + 2 (but not 3 because it's boring)

Go back to bed
15/12/2011 at 13:00

Wake up whenever we wake up

(ahem, not telling you about the next bit!)

Breakfast on smoked salmon and scrambed eggs*

Open presents

Get dressed and go to my Mum's for lunch (my sister and I are cooking it).

Sit around like beached whales.

Have tea which Mum insists on making even though no-one wants more food.

Sit around like beached whales.

Go home.

Breath a sigh of relief that it's done for another year!

15/12/2011 at 13:21
Bah! Wilkie! wrote (see)

Wake up whenever we wake up

(ahem, not telling you about the next bit!)

Oh, I have my yearly bath on New Years day, Start the year clean, You go for Xmas Day interesting

15/12/2011 at 13:23

Wake up feeling rejuvinated

Promise local boy cash if he buys the turkey hanging in the butcher's window ( the one that's as big as him) and takes it in a cab to Camden Town.

Spend the day with nephew Fred and his wife then off to bed early - have to tell Bob Cratchit about his pay rise in the morning....

gingerfurball    pirate
15/12/2011 at 14:24
Wake up after a good lie in - my stay at home kids are 20 and 18 so no early start!! We'll have pain au chocolate (Sarah Lee out of a tin...yum!!) for brekkie. Our married daughter, her hubby and our grandsugar will arrive over to ours around 10ish and we'll open pressies.

Around 11ish we'll head to MrGFB's mum's house (she's in sheltered accomodation but still cooks her own dinner for her and MrGFB's bro) - more pressie opening.

Around 1ish we'll go to my parents house for (guess what...) more pressie opening!! And then dinner - my parents cook turkey, ham and all the trimmins'...(this is tradition - I'm probably a better cook than them but it's one of the few meals I get handed to me during the year!!)

After a couple of hours we'll all head back to our house where we'll watch the Christmas film...plus this year I've bought a Wii for the family so it should be good craic!

Intersperse this with tons of booze and we're going to have a fab day!
16/12/2011 at 14:01

Most of these Christmas days are too lazy...

wake up 8am (ok, this is later than most). S

traight down parents house with wife to open presents.

Visit both Nan's (more presents) - all live within a 5 minute walk btw.

Me, my dad and my uncle go for our traditional Christmas day drink up the local club from 11.30am-1pm.

Dinner in Nan's at 1.30pm.

Open presents with wife up our house.

Prepare buffet food for evening.

Family start arriving from 6ish for Christmas evening party (up to about 17 of us).

Bed at about midnight. 

16/12/2011 at 14:14
GFB - loving 'grandsugar'. It made me have an ahhhhhhh moment.
Nicko. Hdau    pirate
16/12/2011 at 14:59
Probably as shite as most of the others. Ahh I tell a lie it can't be as shite as the one I had beans on toast for dinner.
Edited: 16/12/2011 at 15:00
16/12/2011 at 16:13
There will only be three of us this year, the wife, my mother and me. The wife won't surface much before 10 whereas I am usually awake by 7:30, so I may try and sneak out for a cheeky 16 miles. Or I just discovered a parkrun operating not too far away on Christmas Day. Given where I am in the marathon schedule I really should do the long one, but the parkrun is tempting. We'll probably open presents late morning, then we're off to a local gastro-pub for Christmas lunch. The afternoon will be spent lounging. digesting and drinking tea, and I guess the evening will probably be much the same. If we can we'll try to Skype my sister, but it looks likely she'll be in Beijing so no idea if we'll be able to do it or not.
16/12/2011 at 18:00
I'm so jealous Fish. I'm not too sure as Christmas Day will be a bit different this year. Might wander down for breakfast and have a glass of fizz with it. Later I might have have a swim in the Caribbean Sea
21 to 40 of 61 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.