up early

run

mother in law for dinner

then turkey

get pissed and watch daft telly stuff

16/12/2011 at 18:24
That must be the most misplaced smily ever
16/12/2011 at 18:25
Make sure you leave room for the turkey after eating the mother in law Stu.
16/12/2011 at 18:25
lol - don't mind getting pissed and watching daft telly as been almost saintly this year
16/12/2011 at 18:26
Timeout wrote (see)
Make sure you leave room for the turkey after eating the mother in law Stu.

lol I will.. That woman will be heavily smoked too 
16/12/2011 at 20:29
No idea what this year will be like, first year with MiniKJ so we're now bound by grandparents wanting to see her and be involved.

This year we're off to MrKJ's parents and we're going out for a curry, this is all very different so I'm trying to just go with the flow and see what happens!  Secretly, I'd rather we stayed at home and had a traditional lunch.......
17/12/2011 at 09:48
lazy lazy lazy and no visitors - just us

up at 8 ish - oldest will have been up since 4, he cannot cope knowing the presents are there, other two would sleep till 1 but he wakes them up

lazy breakfast - always plan smoked salmon scrambled eggs, always have toast and chocolate

get dressed just in time to make it for 12 o'clock mass

start dinner, open champagne, spend most of the afternoon slobbing about and sorting dinner

dinner

Dr who
17/12/2011 at 09:54
forgot about the sandwiches later - my husband considers the xmas dinner as something that has to be gone through so as to get to the turkey sandwiches
17/12/2011 at 20:27

Oh Sunluvver - what a wonderful time of year you're going to give your little one.  I have a 5 year old boy and an 8 year old girl.  We shall.........

* be awake any time from 0545 (have been this month with son waking to open calendar)

* open Santa pressies on our bed (with a cuppa & maybe fizz)

*go downstairs to open rest of pressies (& note who sent them)

* wish several times I could go for a run

* have breakfast (& fizz)

* wish agaiin I could go for a run (have another fizz)

*play with toys & games

* have yummy PORK CRACKLING ROAST (am glad I ddin't go for a run HIC!)

Let dinner go down before walking 1 mile to sisters for more pressies & food

Return home sometime around 2100 with two very tired children

We are absolutely SKINT but we're going to have a great day, as are our children.  We were supposed to have Xmas afternoon at ours but told family we were too skint to feed everyone, hence we're going to my sister's - guilt free!!!

17/12/2011 at 21:22
If I wake up early enough I shall go for a santa hatted run through the villages to see who I bump into.

If I don't, we - me, Mr Jj and Jjunior (21) - will get up about 7.30 and have tea/coffee, possibly toast or muesli but accept that soon There Will Be Chocolate.

Pressies, stress from me about the mess, more tea, more chocolate, stress from me about losing tiny things, the consideration of something fizzy - but it will probably be pointed out to me that I will be asleep by 11am if I drink in the morning. ¦oD

Then ablutions and getreadinesses, and off we go to my mum's. She ALWAYS does Christmas - the best cook in the world, for a start, and never happier than when she has her babies around her. "Babies" being me and my big sister, our other halves, and our "babies", all in their twenties. That's 11 of us (and perhaps a stray boyfriend or girlfriend of one of the baby babies), and we all stay at least until Boxing Day and usually another night too. Vast quantities of food and alcohol and laughter and snoozing and telly.

And ... for the past two years we've not done pressies.

We all decided that - as both my sister's and my families have both had pretty harsh times financially - that there was no point in adding the stress of excess spending. We're all terribly close and simply enjoy each others' company. We realised last year that we hadn't even thought about the big pressie exchange at all until one of us pointed it out at about 3pm. Truly and sincerely didn't miss it.

Then off to ma-in-law's the day after Boxing Day for a couple of days to meet and greet various sisters in law and their hubbies/partners, plus their offspring and another new layer of babies. Fabby doo.

Merry and bright.
17/12/2011 at 21:22
oh goodness me, what a ramble! Sorry!
19/12/2011 at 13:29
Oh noes. I broked it!
22/12/2011 at 13:55

Wake and get the wife a tea

Make pancakes

Church

Home and put fire on, proper coffee and present opening

Cook the pheasant

Eat as and when done

No watching of the Queen, sound of music or Bambi

Decide if i am hungry enough to eat more.

No Dr Who or Stickly I'm a celebratty can't dance x factor

Drink a bit and head to bed

Boxing day entertaining friends but will be joining local running crowd for a swim in the sea and a run.

22/12/2011 at 14:08
STU - wrote (see)

mother in law for dinner

Canibal.... We're having turkey

22/12/2011 at 15:22
KatieJane wrote (see)
No idea what this year will be like, first year with MiniKJ so we're now bound by grandparents wanting to see her and be involved.

You don't HAVE to do as other people want, you know?

It is still your Christmas too.

22/12/2011 at 15:43

We don't do Christmas in the conventional way. We have a lie-in so get up around 7, normal brekkie and loads of Nespresso coffee (decaff for me). Phone calls to various rellies follow. Whatever the weather we'll be off around 10 for a very leisurely 9 mile walk with the birding stuff , back around 4. We take a packed lunch with us, flask, hip flask, sarnies, couple of slices of christmas cake and have that at the half way stage which is at the beach huts. Then pootle back. Hopefully will bag about 50 species. The first half is usually a bit pants cos there are too many people about on new bikes, skateboards and usually with the odd dog or two all wearing new hats/gloves/scarves or all three. The walk home is better, it's deserted and near the end bit we pass houses with steamed up windows, the sound of washing up being done or arguments being had and the smell of sprouts.

We've done it for the last 10 years. It's smashing and gives me and the OH a long day together without any interuptions - a real rarity these days

We crash out with our feet up for a few hours after we get back and then I'll think about making dinner. Dunno what yet but it won't be anything too rich but I may go mad and have a few glasses of something (I rarely drink but do enjoy bubbles). Boxing day is the club swim (in the sea) and run (5 miles) and then lunch in the pub.

Edited: 22/12/2011 at 15:44
24/12/2011 at 20:44
running and just resting all day
25/12/2011 at 12:19
Midnight - in charge of warehouse reassuring anxious volunteers running centres for homeless people that their turkeys will be delivered. From then until 7am answering questions from same volunteers about the plumbing and IT problems they're suffering, along with the broken freezer, the missing padlock and other mysteries. Cycle home about 12 miles into headwind. Pasta, champagne, chocolate for dinner. To bed very soon. Back to warehouse for 9.30pm and repeat...........
Nicko. Hdau    pirate
25/12/2011 at 12:45

As usual same shit different year

What did I get? I bought myself a dvd and some new saws up to now. And I haven't had a drink either

25/12/2011 at 15:26

So far:

Up early and in the kitchen.

Presents.

Back to the kitchen to prod and poke things.

Watch a dvd of my brother as an ugly sister in panto (we couldn't get to the show). His legs are better than mine

Realise I haven't had breakfast - eat chocolate.

Back to the kitchen - realise I'm cooking too much and/or the oven is too small.

Sit in front of laptop to rest my feet and type this.

Later, there will be dinner, Doctor Who and various Christmas tv rubbish

41 to 60 of 61 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.