Your diet?

21 to 40 of 50 messages
06/02/2013 at 20:58
I'm desk bound but without supervision, kind of. Publishing.
06/02/2013 at 21:15
Too Much Water wrote (see)

what sort of jobs do people do to allow them to eat all day?

I work at a university. I have a fruitbowl and other essential snacking items in my office, and occasionally work from home. But actually loads of office-type jobs can be done while snacking quite frequently. I can see how it'd be a problem in customer/client-facing jobs, or ones involving physical labour, though.

06/02/2013 at 21:45

Today I've had-

Breakfast - brown pitta bread with marmite

snack - 1/2 a muller light yoghurt (they really aren't nice, hence half)

Lunch - shop bought cheese and onion sandwich and half a tub of pringles (not normal lunch but they were on offer in Morrisons and opposite the sandwiches so i couldn't resist!)

Snack - hand full of pick and mix (mainly jellybeans and mini eggs)

Dinner - veggie burgers and salad

pudding - 1 apple

Fiarly normal day except I don't usually have the pringles!

06/02/2013 at 21:56

On a bit shittier side...Healthy metabolism is about 24 hours for your food to pass your digestive system. That means from the point you eat it to the point the waste comes out of your other end.

National average however (not sure when the study was done) for British people is 7 days! 7 Days for your food to pass your digestive system!

Imagine that.

That study probably included a lot of people who do no exercise.

Edited: 06/02/2013 at 21:56
06/02/2013 at 21:59

Crikey. Well, I think mine's working okay; I can tell because I eat a lot of beetroot.

06/02/2013 at 22:00

Think mine is like 2 hours

06/02/2013 at 22:03

I clear gardens up for old ladies. So being fed biscuits just went with the territory.

06/02/2013 at 22:09
My bowels move quick - if we were racing, my bowels would win. There's an image.
seren nos    pirate
07/02/2013 at 06:59
Jason Wintin wrote (see)
well... got talking the other day about diet blah blah and how much i eat. lets just say it amazed some people how much i can consume on a normal running day. mind you i have got an exceptionally fast metabolism (2/3 a day sort of person) just wondered what people consume/how much? ill start off, (this is pretty much every day as im running 5 days a week at the moment) breakfast- 2 weetabix dried fruit and honey topping with semi skimmed milk 10:30- ham sandwich (whole meal bread), packet crisps, 1 apple, 1 banana, sometimes handful of nuts 1:30- two ham sandwiches (whole again), crisps, yogurt, nuts again 5:30- maybe another banana or nuts or something along those lines. 7ish- hot homemade meal consisting of meat, sometimes pasta, small portion of vedge. 8/9- some biscuits (mmm hobnobs) to go with cuppa T oh also consume 4 cuppas during the day (with milk and 2 sugar) i dont really mind opinions on my diet but it works and im currently 10st 4lb and steady not climbing or dropping.

Can presume that you are referring to shitting here........what on earth is the amount of times you shit to do with the metabolism.......

surely its linked to the amount  and type of what you eat to a significant degree......I go 3/4 times a day but that doesn't mean i have a high metabolism./just means i drink 2 or 3 litre of diet coke a day and the aspartame makes you shit loads.....

07/02/2013 at 08:04

i always thought the metabolism is something to do with the stomach and how well it digests its foods??

yours is clearly the shite your putting in there ie the coke

seren nos    pirate
07/02/2013 at 08:10

i thought meatbolism was more to do with the individual cells of the body.....and how they process the energy suplied to the body......I agree that mine is totally shite related

07/02/2013 at 08:28

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metabolism

i totally agree seren 

07/02/2013 at 08:59

So, breakfast consisted of:

Muesli with a flaxseed sprinkle.

Plus a beverage of natural cyder vinegar with a spoonful of blackstrap molasses (I kid you not) 

... and lots of coffee.

I'm off to the loo.

07/02/2013 at 09:15

Pizza, kebabs, beer, curry and cake.

07/02/2013 at 12:20

Not too dissimilar to other people posting on here. I need a lot of fuel, I train 6 days a week, and on 4 of those I train twice a day. I could never do that 5:2 diet, I'd be snapping everyone's head off on the fast days!   

Tend to relax on Sundays. Once I've got my long run out of the way, I eat what I please, so if I'm craving something in particular on weekdays I'll put it on my To-Do list for Sunday. But have to say that since I started doing that my cravings have got a bit healthier anyway.

Breakfast - porridge or Bran Flakes with semi-skimmed milk, topped with dried fruit. Fruit smoothie

Mid Morning - Greek Yoghurt and fruit

Lunch - salad with chicken breast or beef or tuna. Couple of tablespoons of couscous/rice/bulgur wheat/quinoa. Or homemade soup with a roll and green salad.

Mid Afternoon - small quantity of mixed nuts

Post Evening Workout - protein shake/ Bounce protein ball/ yoghurt

Dinner - chicken/beef/tuna with salad or cooked veggies, sometimes with baked sweet potato, sometimes with couscous/quinoa etc

Pudding - if still hungry - sugar free jelly or Greek Yoghurt.

Drink water throughout the day, probably 3+ litres. I do like tea and coffee but have been limiting myself to 4 cups a day which is working so far.

07/02/2013 at 12:43
xine267 wrote (see)

so if I'm craving something in particular on weekdays I'll put it on my To-Do list for Sunday. 

love that 

Pudge    pirate
07/02/2013 at 12:43
xine267 wrote (see)

Post Evening Workout - protein shake/ Bounce protein ball/ yoghurt

What are these like?  I spotted them in Waitrose the other day, and was tempted, but then saw that they cost nigh on two quid, so I put it back and plumped for a 69p Nakd bar instead!

07/02/2013 at 13:44

They are quite good - a bit like eating solid peanut butter! - but they are very expensive. I only buy them if I've forgotten to pack my protein shaker or yoghurt (my boxing gym and another studio I go to fairly regularly sell them, so they are good in an emergency)

07/02/2013 at 13:45
Jason Wintin wrote (see)
xine267 wrote (see)

so if I'm craving something in particular on weekdays I'll put it on my To-Do list for Sunday. 

love that 

makes me feel less deprived about passing up a slice of cake or bag of vinegar soaked chip-shop chips if I think "I'll be eating you on Sunday!". Quite often I spend the last couple of miles of my long run planning what I'm going to eat afterwards!

07/02/2013 at 14:18
'so if I'm craving something in particular on weekdays I'll put it on my To-Do list for Sunday. '

What a brill idea, will try that as my intended healthy snacks are well off the radar at the mo, and can't stop the sugar binges, pathetic I know, I know!
21 to 40 of 50 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.