Your diet?

41 to 47 of 47 messages
07/02/2013 at 20:06

Today - breakfast -2 cups tea, 11's - 3 cups coffee.  I Pilate's class, 30 mins weight training, walked up Monument (311 steps), did 7 miles of walking in total. Thinking about eating something fairly soon - probably grilled lean pork chop, mixed salad, multi-grain yogurt+fresh blueberries, 2 ginger biscuits, 2 squares dark chocolate - I glass fizzy wine (optional).  Fairly typical for mid week. 

Having been a yo yo dieter decided just to exercise as much as I could and eat as little as I was comfortable with - including treats.  Haven't eaten breakfast for over 40 years so feel no need to start.  Only eat at midday when I've running club in the evening (Mon and Weds.)  If doing an ultra or multi day marathons will eat accordingly.  Am now at lower limit of weight of which I feel is right for me - BMI is within acceptable range.  Although I have no hunger problems I don't want to lose any more weight so shall try and add a few more healthy carbs if necessary.

07/02/2013 at 20:36
Bear, I couldn't do that. I'd pass out by 11!
07/02/2013 at 20:52

I think it's just what your body gets used to.  I hated eating breakfast as a child and was always able to go until lunchtime without feeling the need to eat even though I was quite chubby then (positively skeletal by todays' standards though)!

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
08/02/2013 at 19:35

Unfortunately as a side effect of some prescription medication I'm on I can't eat anything with soy and can't eat grapefruit either. But my typical diet is:

Coffee and pills at 5am before work.
Low fat cereal and lactose free milk with a banana after arrival in the office.
Wholemeal sandwich such as turkey and low fat cheese for lunch with an apple or orange for dessert. And I drink 2  to 3 litres of water during the day.

Evening meal tends to be veg based unless it's a swim training evening in which case it's usually an omelette and toast - can't eat before and don't get home until 21:30.

I eat loads of veg and salad items, grains, pasta, very little meat. Don't drink fizzy drinks but do enjoy a glass or two of wine at the weekend. Or an alcohol-free beer.

My OH loves my veggie lasagne, made with aubergine, red peppers and zucchini, tomato puree, low-fat joghurt, topped with low-fat grated cheese.

Edited: 08/02/2013 at 20:11
K9
08/02/2013 at 21:40
this doesn't look so good written down...

05:30 white coffee
Swim
08:00 large fruit scone, apple, satsuma, large costa coffee, one Nescaf??
11:00 cheese and chutney wholemeal sandwich, couple of chocolate biscuits, 2 apricots, lychees, 2 more coffees, rice crispies bar, malteser rabbit
13:00 cup of tea
15:00 cup of tea, banana and honey wholemeal sandwich
18:30 run
19:30 pint of sugar free squash
20:00 large bowl pea and pancetta orzo risotto, salad, glass of red, 3 handfuls peanut butter M&Ms, apple, satsuma, handful of raspberries

Can't remember anything else but I do tend to eat anything that passes me so there may have been other snacks.
Breakfast is usually healthier - muesli and yoghurt and fruit, or large bowl porridge, soy milk, dates and honey...
08/02/2013 at 22:40
You're not supposed to give dogs chocolate.

I'll get my coat.
K9
09/02/2013 at 06:19

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 47 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.