Your tattoos..

21 to 40 of 51 messages
09/09/2012 at 23:34
Lil Comrades?
Small gecko on upper arm, can't be seen even with t shirt.
As an aside at what level of employment do visible tattoos become a hindrance? Eg I work in oil industry where tats are not abnormal but on the more professional side which is why I didn't get a " visible " one as I felt it might have a negative impact when applying for jobs or dealing with clients
10/09/2012 at 08:45

Got Chelsea FC badge on right arm. God a cross on right forearm. Left Arm black dragon. Thats it. My little brother on the other hand is a totally different kettle of fish. He looks like a doodle pad.

I have no problems with my tattoos in the line of work I do. If anything they are a help because in my job I am equal with everybody else. My first real job will be a Vicar on a council estate. So do I want to be wafting around in robes looking like a 19th Century Vicar or look like they do. I know what will work best Oh and I am not saying Tattoos and council estates go together  but you get the jist of it

10/09/2012 at 10:00

I've got just the one.  So far. 

On my right upper arm, I've got a pisces zodiac sign with the fish representing 'ying' and 'yang' 

Only got it in February this year, just before my 48th birthday. 

10/09/2012 at 10:51
kittenkat wrote (see)
lardarse wrote (see)

......and that's why I haven't got any! I look like a big enough twat as it is.

You could have one of just those tatooed on your body, a statement of irony if you like...

Irony or tagline, either way don't think i'll bother.

I actually don't mind tattoos, especially on women, as tattoos along with piercings are excellent for spotting certain types of women, who can be, shall we say, generous....

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
10/09/2012 at 11:52

Don't stereotype. Had to bite my tongue not to be really rude in responding. I have 4 tattoos and am female but am certainly NOT generous,  with my affections, my money, my body or anything else that belongs to me.

10/09/2012 at 11:54

Including my 4-footed bodyguard.

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/6763/gallery/apportsmall_2.jpg?width=350

10/09/2012 at 11:55

Edited: 10/09/2012 at 11:56
Blisters    pirate
10/09/2012 at 22:14

Love that last edit, Mme Ironwolf!

It's almost as loud as Tom's contribution, which I believe is in the red corner.

Me?
I'm naked, apart from the place where I got stabbed with a pencil.

10/09/2012 at 23:22
I have tattoos. I like them. I shall defend to the death your right to voice your opinion about them but don't stereotype the ink adorned it makes you look foolish.
11/09/2012 at 08:52

I don't have any tattoos, as I don't much like them. I mean, I really like the odd one that I see, but for the most part they're not particularly original or particularly artistic. I do appreciate genuine body art, there's just not much of it about.

I've got loads of piercings though!

11/09/2012 at 09:01

I have 4.  My son's name in Hindi subscript on my left forearm, two tribals (right leg and left arm) and a dragon right arm.

Love tattoos, can't wait to get my next one!

11/09/2012 at 09:08
I think it's a personal choice and if that's what you want - then go ahead as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with iron wolf - don't stereotype. My best friend has an assortment of piercings and tattoos and she works as a defence consultant
11/09/2012 at 09:20

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/411813/gallery/Thumbs/CatherineSTattoo0407original.jpg

Posted this pic before - it's in my gallery. My one and only tattoo. The scar is real. if you can't see, it's a zip. Was just my way of reclaiming my body after surgery.

11/09/2012 at 09:31

Got my whole back done with a celtic cross and two angels which i had done about 8 years ago.  I got a wizard on my thigh i had done 21years ago, a celtic band around my ankle i got done 15 years ago and last but not least a lions head and queens crown as one on my ribs i got done 4 week ago!!

I like them!

11/09/2012 at 09:41
small wrote (see)

Nothing. I like to be unique 

I feel the same way. 

When I was a teenager very few women had tattoos, and I wanted one but could never decide what to have.  I would have been a bit different, daring, rebellious.

Around where I live now tattoos are like a uniform - so I'm glad I never got one.

11/09/2012 at 10:35

Eyes of Buddha across lower back, small celtic style Bee on right foot. thinking of getting another soon.

ironwolf - right with you!

gingerfurball    pirate
11/09/2012 at 10:41

I've got a tramp stamp  - the trinity sign.  I got it to commemorate our 20th wedding anniversary - that was 5 years ago...I do plan more.

Tommygun2    pirate
11/09/2012 at 10:54
I read this article a while ago and it kind of sums up how I feel about tattoos that being said I have often thought of getting a tattoo but have not bothered as of yet.................   Several years ago, it was a risky thing to do. First it was guys, braving the painful needles to have their girlfriend's name inked into their skin. Things really took off when the girls started showing up asking for things that were pretty or had some deeper meaning. But like all fads, this tattoo thing has started to show its age. Below are the top five reasons why tattoos are passé.

1 - Everyone already has one. You can't be "different" if everyone else is doing it too. The way to be different now, is to not get one.

2 - Those first in line are seeing what time does to a tattoo. Skin doesn't age nearly as well as most of us would like to imagine when we're young and feeling the surge of adrenalin at the prospect of a bright shiny new tattoo emblazoned across our healthy young skin. But now those first consignees have grown a little older; old enough to see what time holds for the not too distant future, and it isn't pretty. Tattoos fade, they grow in different directions. They lose their cache and worst of all, remind us of how stupid we were when we were younger.

3 - They never were that pretty to begin with. Let's face it, the idea of a tattoo being a pretty thing is, or was a form of mass hysteria. Sure, the tattoo looks bright and clear on a piece of paper. But you put it under your skin with a needle and it just looks drab. Seriously, it's time everyone woke up to this fact.

4 - Older people are getting them. This is a sure sign that something new is getting tired. When older people start jumping on the bandwagon you know the whole cool thing has run its course.

5 - They no longer have the stamp of rebellion. Part of the fun of getting a tattoo was knowing how much it would upset your parents, or the other people around you who would scrunch their faces in disapproval. But that's all gone now. No one cares anymore if you get a tattoo. So, why bother?

This list of the top five reasons why tattoos are passé are for those people out there who for whatever reason, have not yet gotten themselves inked and are now considering doing so. If you are one of these people, I hope this list crushes any notions you may have left on how romantic getting a tattoo might be and drops a little bit of reality into your world. Take care. Peace.

11/09/2012 at 11:07
Pass??? Fad? What a terribly Westernised one sided viewpoint that article offered. Is it quoted from a piece in 'Femail'? Wonder what the Maoris would have to say about it?

Love or loathe them, tattoos existed long before da kids made them 'street' and all the chicks got tramp stamps that were alluded to above. They have a rich cultural heritage which this article singularly fails to acknowledge.
11/09/2012 at 11:08
That should say pass e with an accent. The iPad wants to make it a question mark instead, my apologies.
21 to 40 of 51 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.