Zombies

221 to 240 of 243 messages
07/06/2013 at 13:52

Not sure if it qualifies as zombies exactly but there is a French series about to start on C4 about people returning from the dead. The Returned, Sunday at 9pm.

07/06/2013 at 14:34

I've seen the ad for that - it looks intriguing!

It depends on what zombie mythology you subscribe to (I don't take this seriously, honest I don't...) but whilst zombies don't swim, they do walk along the bottom of the river/sea, or float, so an island might not actually be all that safe.

Wherever I had my fortress, I'd have a fire moat

21/06/2013 at 13:41

Walking Dead series 3 starts on Saturday 29th June on Channel 5

The Returned on Channel 4 is brilliant so far. The people aren't zombies but they are a bit creepy...

cougie    pirate
21/06/2013 at 14:08
Oh yes - only seen the first ep of the returned so far but it looks good. And only 8 episodes. I can commit to that.
21/06/2013 at 14:12

We could see it tomorrow night Cakey boy?

And take walnuts to the cinema instead of popcorn, because they look like brains!!

21/06/2013 at 15:50

I have some walnuts in honey, which look like mice brains (aparently)

01/07/2013 at 11:18
01/07/2013 at 12:51

First episode of The Walking Dead 3 was pretty good. It seemed a bit pacier than parts of the last series which dragged.

I'm up to the 3rd part of The Returned and the little boy in that is soooo scary

gingerfurball    pirate
03/07/2013 at 15:46

I missed last week's The Returned (got a new sky box and missed the scheduling) but I do think it's really good (them French are quite handy at getting their kit off aren't they!!  )

03/07/2013 at 16:03

Also enjoyed first episode of Walking Dead 3 - recorded it and watched it last night, as I cannot be doing with the amount of adverts! Definitely a step up in gear from the last series - long may this continue - although I did like the 2nd series too, but those prison guard zombies in the riot gear were just !

Far better IMO than the Hollywood-isation of World War Z - 15 cert to get the Brad fans in, but with long gaps in the action that had most of the folks in the cinema I went to either texting on their mobiles or leaving to get more food to stuff their faces with  . Maybe it will be better on DVD !

Does anyone know when episode two of Walking Dead is on? Cannot see it on the listings.......just the Sunday night repeat on FiveStar.....or is this going to be one of those things where you have to play guess the channel its on this week ?

05/07/2013 at 11:00

It should be on at 11pm on Saturdays on Five, Tigerspaw. Although my hard-drive guide thing keeps trying to record the Sunday night version instead!

Maybe my hard-drive is a zombie...

05/07/2013 at 13:20

Thanks Little Nemo, I shall keep a watch out for it .

Yes for some reason my digi-box only wants to record Sunday's episode too !

18/08/2013 at 17:21

Never mind that, 

I have just found this mental Trail Run  in Scotland near Glasgow, Zombie Night Run which is an obstacle course in a Forrest ... just trying to get my daft friends to enter as well.... its sounds awesome

Cake    pirate
19/08/2013 at 13:33

Oh do you have a link hardy?

19/08/2013 at 14:06
Night Runner, are you involved with organising this event? as you seem to have posted the same thing about it in lots of different posts over the weekend.

come on, be honest with everyone.
19/08/2013 at 18:41

As it is in Glasgow - are we allowed to tw!t the zombies?

Seriously though - what are the rules, how do these things work (never been to one) - I mean if its dark and people jump out at you, there must be some carnage, right? Even if it is just cos folk are sh*teing themselves .

Cake    pirate
20/08/2013 at 12:21

Tiger I've done one down south what they have done there is given you a belt with some tags on it. If the zombies manage to take the tags off the belt your dead and if you manage to run through then all with at least one tag left your safe. tw!ting the zombies wasn't allowed but some good natured pushing and shoving was within the spirit of it. There are a few of these races about now and bet next time Sarah is on-line she will have all the links handy if your interested in one.

20/08/2013 at 14:48

Links

http://zombieevacuation.com/

http://www.zombierunuk.com/

The zombie evacuation race was brilliant fun, and the medal was great - dog tag style, saying either 'survivor' or 'infected'. This year I'll be zombie baiting because I want an infected medal

20/08/2013 at 18:01

Thanks for the info it sounds good fun and well organised - the tag idea is a good one

I'm not sure I would fancy it in a dark forest though - I have had some strange enough experiences on ultras in the middle of the night  and that's without the zombies being around (I hope!) .

Cake    pirate
24/10/2013 at 17:35
221 to 240 of 243 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.