10k & 1/2M in Brighton

Recommendations please

4 messages
31/07/2003 at 21:45
A v.good friend of mine has just made a commitment to start running with a target of a marathon within 2 years - to celebrate, I'm planning to enter her into a 10k, then send her the race number as a suprise 'present'.

So, any thoughts on a decent (for a first timer) 10k around October/November, and a spring half, in or around Brighton? I've tried the race diary, it doesn't seem to go that far ahead.

Ta.
31/07/2003 at 22:18
I'll b-o-i-n-g the Brighton 10k (November race) thread up for you Slowboy..
01/08/2003 at 21:38
The Brighton half marathon is held at the end of February. The first half is flat along the prom, then there are a few testing hills along the cliffs towards Rottingdean, followed by an off road section and the finish on the seafront. It's a good race with plenty of atmosphere and usually has about 750 entrants. Apart from the hills, the main problem is dodging the pedestrians on the prom!
01/08/2003 at 22:03
Try this link too www.bhrunners.here-on-the.net. They have excellant links to local races for your area.

If you friend would like to run with a women's running group try this. www.brightonandhoverunningsisters.org.uk

We welcome women of all abilities and run two beginner's courses a year, the next one starting in October. But she might be a bit advanced by then!

There is also Hastings Half in March.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.