12 in 2012

which marathon's to do?

201 to 220 of 309 messages
18/06/2012 at 19:14
Sue O wrote (see)

Hi all, looks like you all have been busy!! Well done everyone on notching up those numbers, looks like we are all getting there.

I'm up to 7 completed now, ran (or shuffled) the Gt Barrow double this weekend, both days were lovely courses around the Suffolk countryside. The wind was a bit of a nightmare on Sat but today it calmed down a little. Actually ran todays quicker (although not that quick!) and met a few great people to run with and to keep the pace going. Considering the 4 day challenge that they hold in September but would need alot more hard work to be put in cos actually going to work tomorrow sounds appealing rather than running a marathon!!

Well done Sue O. I was driving away yesterday as yourself and JK were finishing. Saturday was pretty windy and yesterday was pretty warm. Never a happy medium! The 4 day event is good. Lots of nice friendly like minded people!

18/06/2012 at 20:02

Thanks Sean G and well done yourself, really enjoyed the weekend and as i said some lovely people. Hope to see you in September and at least i know not to go round that last field on the saturday but to go though it!

If anyone else is thinking of giving it a go it's a great small event and i was surprised how quickly you can recover if you need to!!!

23/06/2012 at 15:01

Hi everyone, am trying to sort the rest of the year timetable out today and found The Full Moon Olympic Marathon in Southwell Nottinghamshire on 12th August if anyone interested???? - 9 laps but 4 stiles each lap to break it up!

Am pondering this one and have decided that the rest of the year will look like this......

Aug 12 - Full Moon - Maybe

Sept 19th/20th/21st/22nd - Gt Barrow 4 day challenge

4th Nov - Rutland

18th Nov - A20 path n downs

23rd Dec - Portsmouth

Will make possibly 15 for the year - never thought that would happen when i started this malarky!!

25/06/2012 at 09:28

I just completed the Wall, which is 70 miles for my 7th this year and am disappointed to find that if I had taken the option to camp overnight at the midway point, I would be credited with two back to back Marathons, as I completed in one go, I only get credit for one.

next one for me - Isle of man

25/06/2012 at 12:23

ah that sucks, but very well done.  The name alone sounds like a tremendous marathon challenge.

25/06/2012 at 18:36
Yea but what a great achievement EG graham, i fancy that next year. Do you recommend it?

Lancaster marathon yesterday, enjoyed it and would do again but VERY hilly.

7 done
25/06/2012 at 20:33

Willo - I've doen the Lancaster half, that was OK quite an enjoyable run, I'd imagine you ran most of it in the full event.

As for the Wall, if you'd asked yesterday the answer would have been a resounding no, 20 hours running/walking in inches of water, out in the wilds seeing no one for two hours at a time, at night, pitch dark, almost hypothermic with cold rain, and the worst blisters I've ever had.

Today I'm thinking, "Yeah, I can knock three hours off that, and what's the chances of it being held in the middle of the region's biggest flood in 20 years again" so yes I'd recommend it but make it the one day event, and take plenty spare socks.

25/06/2012 at 21:40

Hello all.   7 down for me  6 marathons and 1 ultra.   Did trail marathon Wales on Saturday and really enjoyed it.    I think I may be up to 15 for the year now though but seem to be losing track lol

25/06/2012 at 23:36
Ed graham.. Brilliant
03/07/2012 at 10:22

and now for a quick update.

JUN
Wales(Tenby) – Way2Slow, SSQ & Ulen; Wales Trail – Spen71& Miserablebleeder; Lancaster – SueO & Willo46; South Downs – KateF & Rob Tanner, The Wall – EG Graham; Gt Barrow - SueO

JUL
Isle of Man – SSQ & EG Graham; Chichester Challenge – KateF(?); Valley Challenge – JamesJoy;  Thunder Run – JamesJoy;  Over the Edge – Spen71 & Ulen; Boddington - Rob Tanner(?); Cheltenham – Rob Tanner(?); Littledown – Rob Tanner(?); Lakeland – MiserableBleeder; Wenlock Olympian – MiserableBleeder; Fairlands - CheckMate

AUG
Guernsey - SSQ; Salisbury – KateF & Rob Tanner(?); Thames meander – Ulen; NDW 50 – Spen71; Reykjavik – CheckMate; Gin Pit – EG Graham; Full Moon –SueO(?)

SEP
LochNess – SSQ, EG Graham & MiserableBleeder; Kent Coastal – SueO, CheckMate; Robin Hood or New Forest – Ulen, CheckMate & Rob Tanner; Lea Valley - JamesJoy(?); Toad Challenge – JamesJoy; Birmingham Canter – Spen71; Farnham pilgrim – Way2slow, Marathon du Medoc - Emmy_Bug; Margate – CheckMate; Gt Barrow X4 – SueO

OCT
Leicester – Spen71; Abingdon– JamesJoy, Lucca – KateF(?); Washington DC – Spen71, Amsterdam – SSQ; Frankfurt – SSQ; Chester – EG Graham & Willio46(?), Clarendon – Rob Tanner(?); Snowdon – MiserableBleeder; Bruxelles – CheckMate(?), Dublin – SueO(?)

NOV
Rutland – SueO, EG Graham & MiserableBleeder; Luton – JamesJoy & Ulen(?); A20 PathnDowns – Kate(?), SueO, Rob Tanner(?) & CheckMate; Athens – SSQ(?); Crewe – Ulen(?)

DEC
Portsmouth - SSQ, Ulen, SueO, KateF(?) & Rob Tanner(?); Liverbird – EG Graham; Sunrise2Sunset - MiserableBleeder

7 Marathons Down
Spen71 - 7toGO, SSQ - 7toGO, Willo46, SueO - 8toGO, Ulen - 5toGO

06/07/2012 at 19:07

Update Sept, Ulen is doing the Bacchus Marathon ( it has wine tasting stations as well as water stations hahaha ) and October he is doing the Abingdon Marathon

I hope to see you at some of the marathons soon 

06/07/2012 at 21:43

I should hit 21 for the year, unless I do more of course

06/07/2012 at 22:07

Hi HM - After doing the Wall I'm struggling with a groin strain, two weeks now and no running, and only two weeks to Isle of Man, will have the bike out at weekend for some therapy, will end up doing this one with hardly any running in the bag

09/07/2012 at 15:26

Number 8 done.   Toughest so far with all the mud and very tired legs.   Next one is Illmington Cotswolds in 2 weeks.

10/07/2012 at 12:22

Oh No EG what a pain, hope u will be ok for Chester, i've not signed up for Chester btw cos figured i needed more than 2 weeks recovery before bham HM but i may come up for weekend ( love Chester and may come and watch as there are so many people i know running it ) i'll probably regret not running it then as well 

My ankles are aching from this weekend, Spen what part of you aches from Sunday?

Edited: 10/07/2012 at 12:23
10/07/2012 at 16:37

Hi HM - more than ready for Chester, not missing that one, I'm still aiming to do the Isle of man on 22nd of this month, not been running much but have put plenty of miles in on the bike, so should be slow but will get round

23/07/2012 at 06:44

Number 8 done.

@EG Graham sorry I did get to see you in IOM yesterday.

Left ITB injury meant I hobbled around the IOM, hope I can recover for Guernsey next month.

@Joe Hawk -  21 marathons that's impressive. What marathons are you set to do for the rest of the year?

03/08/2012 at 11:14

Hope ur OK EG?

06/08/2012 at 13:02

sounds like everyone's going well...... next for me is thames meander so hopefully catch up with some of you there?

06/08/2012 at 22:37

say hello to MAABOF W2S  i'll be on holiday then!!

201 to 220 of 309 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.