1st Time Marathon?

1 message
29/04/2012 at 21:37
I'm ready to take my running to the next level, i changed my running plan 2 months ago and ive jumped from being stuck at 14 miles to 19/20 on my long runs, based on my long run pace right now, i believe i could complete the distance in around 4:15 right now.

Now i'm planning on trying for a ballot place for the VLM, but with such a small chance of getting a place, i'd like to look at other races too, and since i'd imagine every one of them has been ran by the members of this forum, i thought i'd ask which you guys recommend.

I'm not too worried about hills, since its pretty hilly by me and i train on very little flat land so a flat race is not essential,

I'm pretty keen on doing the Brighton Marathon, ive never seen a bad review of that race, but my issue is that i read you must collect your race pack from the Expo the week before, and they will not post it out, thats a near 400 mile round trip that i'd have to do twice, the fuel alone makes that out of the question.

i guess the thing i'd be most looking for is a busy race, with good crowd support. i'd like my 1st marathon to be one to remember

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.