24th Great North West Half Marathon

41 to 52 of 52 messages
24/02/2013 at 14:26
We sorted it Everyone was very good even tho it was abit chaotic and both enjoyed running it Thanks to everyone for all their hard work today Super event
24/02/2013 at 14:49
Great race! Well organised and a super fast course.

Broke my pb by over 5 mins, I think the weather was kind to us today, a bit windy but it could have been far worse.

Looking forward to seeing the results and photos.
24/02/2013 at 16:16

Yep super event, thoroughly enjoyed it.  Wind was stiff but not punishing.  Going south felt positively balmy at times.

PB and sub 1.30 for me, absolutely what I was after.  Chunky ass medal, really good freebies (gloves!) and loads of water.  It's very difficult to expect any more than that.  Cheers Blackpool, you were great hosts

24/02/2013 at 18:01

slowest half ever for me but then I have only run the distance once (October) since a knee operation in 2010. All said; happy to have made it round in under 2hr. As usual fantastic organisation and brilliant fellow runners - i'll be better prepared next year!!!

Big hello to the Sandwell Valley guys - well done

24/02/2013 at 18:08

results were up earlier but only just got home and finished unloading the van - either www.ukresults.net/2013/gnwhalf.html or www.sportsystems.co.uk

24/02/2013 at 18:09

sory - dodgy RW stuff for the links (been a while) - http://www.ukresults.net/2013/gnwhalf.html or http://www.sportsystems.co.uk

24/02/2013 at 19:02
I was pacing the 90 minute group and really enjoyed it. Thanks to everyone I was running with for a great race. Will definitely be back next year to race it as that course could be seriously quick on the right day.
DM8
24/02/2013 at 19:23
HH thanks for pacing us today. I ran with you the whole way and got a 4 minute PB. Couldn't have done it without you as my pacing is normally very erratic! Didnt envy you carrying that back pack and flag in the wind!
24/02/2013 at 21:06

PB here also, by 3 minutes and very unexpected. Very fast course and pretty damn good weather conditions.

A good day all round and a very well organised race.

24/02/2013 at 21:07

Just to echo everybody else....fantastic event, really well organised, great goodies (loving the magic gloves!) and we were blessed with good weather.  Superb race for me and a massive PB.  Thank you, Fylde Coast Running, looking forward to one of your 10ks in a few weeks' time.

24/02/2013 at 21:51

Massive thanks to the pacer Matt, apologies for talling non stop but had some really useful advice from him. Used it as a MP run and it worked great. Fab organisation, the hotel made everyone welcome, weather as good as it could have been and excellent fellow runners!

Thanks again 

25/02/2013 at 11:58
Photos are online

http://www.mickhall-photos.com/mp_client/pictures_welcome.asp?categories=no&keywords2=no&eventid=107293

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 52 of 52 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.