26.2 RRC Valentine's 10K

Sun 13th Feb - Who's going to win the mob match?

181 to 196 of 196 messages
13/02/2005 at 22:22
I can't seem to get the results links to work :-(
Flump
13/02/2005 at 22:59
That should take you to an acrobat file. If you just go to the website www.26point2.co.uk/26point2 you should be able to follow through to an excel link or even just look at the results. I'll get the hang of the technology one day. Our webmaster has already, thankfully.
14/02/2005 at 08:45
Well done yesterday Womble and a big thank you to all the marshalls on the way.

I managed to knock 1 minute 40 secs off my pb and record my first sub 40 10k :o)

The birthday girl was in fine form yesterday and was last seen propping up the bar...
14/02/2005 at 08:51
Thx Womble and marshalls. I didn't manage a PB just happy to get round and celebrate everyone else's PB's for rest of day. Jx
14/02/2005 at 09:32
Hey Birthday girl here feeling very delicate today i got a PB yesterday by seconds must be because i was still drunk
Had fun
Thanks for the pressie last night i am looking forward to getting some new running stuff
14/02/2005 at 10:21
Well done all

Feel full up with food and drink, and on reflection pretty pleased with PB by 44 secs in those conditions.

Womble well done to you and the team, can't think of anything to moan about apart from the wind!!

The marshalls did a fine job and the whole thing was organised with the minimum of fuss, parking, no problem, race started on time and the finish was fine. Got away and down the pub by 12 with beer in hand and a bunch of Straggling PB's

I will be back next year

Doylie

14/02/2005 at 10:54
Have just had a look at the photos. My shot at the finishing line is quite scary. Go to www.grahamrussell.info (number 62 me)

Mr Doyle looks the picture of serenity coming into the closing stretch
14/02/2005 at 11:24
Fab race yesterday, despite the inhospitable conditions. I was over a minute off my PB but in the light of my 18 mile training run the previous day, the undulating course and the ferocious freezing wind that was a major factor from 5k onwards, I’m very happy with that, and I was 10th female finisher overall.

Well done on all your PB’s, guys. Sorry I didn’t make it to the pub afterwards but stayed around for presentations to see the b/f pick up his prize.
14/02/2005 at 12:08
SusieBee, it was me doing the presentations!
14/02/2005 at 12:14
Good to see you then, Womble!
14/02/2005 at 17:23
Really sorry that i missed this but i have had flu, sounds like a good time was had by all hopefully i'll be there next year.
15/02/2005 at 17:36
Help us find this man!

We had two number 102s coming through the finish funnels. One (named Stephen King) contacted us to say he was listed twice. We went to Graham Russell's Photography Website at http://www.grahamrussell.info and did a search on Race Number 102.

Two different people came up, the first being the "real" Stephen King in Black Shorts and White top, the second being our Mystery Runner pictured Here.

Any help is sorting out the "confusion" greatly appreciated. You can email webmaster@26point2.co.uk if you want to comment in a non public manner! All information treated in confidence.

Simon
15/02/2005 at 18:29
And there's possibly more... though I expect these just had their numbers covered up by their clothes... in direct contravention of SEAA rules (Fume/Gnash)

Maybe we'll introduce forehead tattoos next year! LOL

Simon
15/02/2005 at 18:50
Did we win the mob match????

I've been laid up with flu for the last 5 days so couldn't make it, hope all went well.
15/02/2005 at 20:36
I don't blame you for fuming and gnashing! I suspect most of the others had numbers under their jackets, but Mr 102 is completely out of order! I very much doubt there's a plausible explanation!
Flump
16/02/2005 at 00:18
JJ, yes of course! By a significant margin. Re-presentation of the trophy will take place at Hogsmill 5.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
181 to 196 of 196 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.