60th Anniversary of 4 Minute Mile - Tribute

A plan to get 60 runners running a mile in tribute to Roger Bannister's 4 minute mile

3 messages
27/04/2014 at 20:21

Hi there, yesterday morning I read a BBC article telling me that 6th May is the 60th anniversary of Sir Roger Bannister's 4 minute mile.  As a result I'm trying to find 60 runners to run a mile in tribute.  The idea is everyone runs a mile in the location of their choice and shares a little about it.  More info can be found here: http://runningdanw.wordpress.com/2014/04/26/run-your-mile-60-years-since-the-4-minute-mile/ #runyourmile

seren nos    pirate
28/04/2014 at 08:08

I thought only 6 ran the original race........

28/04/2014 at 08:17
That's correct - as I say in my blog the 60 is to represent the 60 years since it happened. Also, the tribute isn't a race - it's trying to find runners all over the world to run their mile wherever that may be at whatever pace and then share their story.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.