Abingdon Marathon 2014

181 to 181 of 181 messages
21/10/2014 at 22:19

As a 5+ hour finisher, (had hoped for 4:59:59) we were very well looked after and monitored to make sure we were safe, healthy and ok to keep going.

I loved it, the marshals were amazing, the support from locals and organisers was fantastic and I am so pleased that all finishers were able to get a time and a medal having gone past the later 5+ finishers at the half way point!

A great club classic, wish there were more races like this one (or that I could find more races like this one if they exist!)

Thanks to the photographers, you were great and friendly when it was lonely out on the roads - loads of great pictures to choose from!

Also thanks to Mike at the sponge station (I'm sure it was Mike not Mick) for the water for my bottle and the lovely friendly encouraging supporters there.  Life saver.  My running buddy was also very grateful for the gel

Thank you Abingdon.  Never say never, I will go sub 5 hours one day!!

Edited: 21/10/2014 at 22:25

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
181 to 181 of 181 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.