Abingdon Marathon 2014

121 to 124 of 124 messages
23/09/2014 at 01:00

Fieldy - no, plans went wrong.  A DNF in May and then two planned marathons pulled out of because of more important family events left me with too many to cram in in too short a space of time.  Will be 95 and 96 instead.  I don't race in winter because of asthma so #100 I will try to make at Shakespeare if possible.

Hereford went a bit wrong yesterday, so it looks like my target will be 3:49 for this one now, which I hope will be enough to beat my brother.

28/09/2014 at 16:42

3 weeks today and it will be all over and we should all be celebrating and possibly hobbling a bit!

I note the small changes to the course and pleased the loop around the park just before entry to the stadium has gone. It was always a bit of a mental battle to cope with getting so close geographically to the end and then having to loop of for a 800m meander along some lonely paths... just got to psych myself up for the underpass of doom.

Anyone know if the Sea Scouts will be in action, as usual, handing out lucosade bottles ?

I hope everyone's training has gone well and folk are looking forward to the taper.

28/09/2014 at 16:54

Hi All, If anyone has an entry that they wont be using could you drop me a message as i'd be keen regardless of name transfer! Cheers

Today at 02:28

Quiet thread this year.  Hope everyone's training is going OK, especially jason's.

Looking forward to running around a town I never got as far as on the Thames Path 100 earlier this year.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
121 to 124 of 124 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.