Abingdon Marathon

abingdon marathon waiting list

201 to 220 of 619 messages
17/06/2009 at 19:05

How fitting, Post 200 to celebrate I have just received an email from Tracey, confirming my number swap for Abingdon.  I'm in:  Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, Beders, I've definitely noticed that tendency, and I fear I'm one of the worst offenders.  I spent £40 on physio this Mon on a calf niggle, which she reckons is pain referred from my back.  After pulling out of my last two marathons due to injury, I am SOOOOO hoping to make it to the start line this time.
Thanks so much Beders and Becksr1 for your help in this!

piranha NUMBER SWAPPED
runner bean NUMBER SWAPPED
slow duck (Next in line)
c-cat
mitten
doc 117
dave magee
fast legs
Marathonman61
dalli
top banana
oldshoes
Holymoly
Eva MIdsole
Custard Cream
Mark Skev
Jacqui W
Wibles
Smiffie
dough boy
Kal3000
andyp
MatthewTickle
julie stribling2
chris
jforce
Jill jones
Rod Jones
Raoul
Senor spam
Les Pullen
Seb Coe
Wilfie
John Gallagher
Stet
David Johnson 9
Mark Reynolds
andy miles
Sezz
Sian Alberry 2
Edski675
Ben Fancourt
Paul Brinkley
clive smith 2
Stuchbury
The Pilch
Paul E Smith
Dorothy Lucas
Ian Rees 2
miss_harris
David Rose
mick bridgeland
wendy king
mark ring
Christiane Koll
Dotty
Mark Braley 3
Maiday
cliffytc
Justin Showell
David Watkinson 3
James Richardson 3

Edited: 17/06/2009 at 19:06
17/06/2009 at 19:08

Hi beders, hope you get it sorted out soon. I know what you mean about keeping on running on injuries. I have a torn ligament at the top of my hamstring and I've run through London on it and a few more daft races after it. Finally went to see my physio last night and had him to brake down the scare tissue that has built up on it. Felt much better after he had peeled me off the ceiling! I can still run on it but need to take more rest days and have more treatment on it. And take it easy.

Your right we do go on a bit don't we..

17/06/2009 at 19:13

Congratulations Runner-bean. 2 down 5 to go for me.

Still makes me feel bad though! that I only get a place if some one gets injured.

17/06/2009 at 21:15

Nice one Runner bean, not long to go fast legs, as you say a shame that someone has to get injured for you to get a number but I'm sure the doner is happy it's not wasted

running a marathon with a broken leg ? perfectly normal !!

18/06/2009 at 13:44

adding my name to the list

piranha NUMBER SWAPPED
slow duck (Next in line)
c-cat
mitten
doc 117
dave magee
fast legs
Marathonman61
dalli
top banana
oldshoes
Holymoly
Eva MIdsole
Custard Cream
Mark Skev
Jacqui W
Wibles
Smiffie
dough boy
Kal3000
andyp
MatthewTickle
julie stribling2
chris
jforce
Jill jones
Rod Jones
Raoul
Senor spam
Les Pullen
Seb Coe
Wilfie
John Gallagher
Stet
David Johnson 9
Mark Reynolds
andy miles
Sezz
Sian Alberry 2
Edski675
Ben Fancourt
Paul Brinkley
clive smith 2
Stuchbury
The Pilch
Paul E Smith
Dorothy Lucas
Ian Rees 2
miss_harris
David Rose
mick bridgeland
wendy king
mark ring
Christiane Koll
Dotty
Mark Braley 3
Maiday
cliffytc
Justin Showell
David Watkinson 3
James Richardson 3
harps_1

22/06/2009 at 15:52

and me too, can;t believe this sold out so quick!

piranha NUMBER SWAPPED
slow duck (Next in line)
c-cat
mitten
doc 117
dave magee
fast legs
Marathonman61
dalli
top banana
oldshoes
Holymoly
Eva MIdsole
Custard Cream
Mark Skev
Jacqui W
Wibles
Smiffie
dough boy
Kal3000
andyp
MatthewTickle
julie stribling2
chris
jforce
Jill jones
Rod Jones
Raoul
Senor spam
Les Pullen
Seb Coe
Wilfie
John Gallagher
Stet
David Johnson 9
Mark Reynolds
andy miles
Sezz
Sian Alberry 2
Edski675
Ben Fancourt
Paul Brinkley
clive smith 2
Stuchbury
The Pilch
Paul E Smith
Dorothy Lucas
Ian Rees 2
miss_harris
David Rose
mick bridgeland
wendy king
mark ring
Christiane Koll
Dotty
Mark Braley 3
Maiday
cliffytc
Justin Showell
David Watkinson 3
James Richardson 3
harps_1

Rachel W & Mr rachel (2)

22/06/2009 at 16:12

Runner-bean... cheque received, thank you and enjoy, I hope the injurys hold off for you. 

Thanks for organising this beders, fantastic idea and so much better than places just not getting used.

Good luck to all on the list, hope you get your places.

22/06/2009 at 17:56
I'm really sad to have missed out on this run.  I was hoping to run my first marathon in the town I was born in.  I don't want to wait until next year so if anyone could help me out I would be really grateful.  Also I've got alot of mad autie's who still live in the area and would come and support everyone!!
23/06/2009 at 21:21
piranha NUMBER SWAPPED
slow duck (Next in line)
c-cat
mitten
doc 117
dave magee
fast legs
Marathonman61
dalli
top banana
oldshoes
Holymoly
Eva MIdsole
Custard Cream
Mark Skev
Jacqui W
Wibles
Smiffie
dough boy
Kal3000
andyp
MatthewTickle
julie stribling2
chris
jforce
Jill jones
Rod Jones
Raoul
Senor spam
Les Pullen
Seb Coe
Wilfie
John Gallagher
Stet
David Johnson 9
Mark Reynolds
andy miles
Sezz
Sian Alberry 2
Edski675
Ben Fancourt
Paul Brinkley
clive smith 2
Stuchbury
The Pilch
Paul E Smith
Dorothy Lucas
Ian Rees 2
miss_harris
David Rose
mick bridgeland
wendy king
mark ring
Christiane Koll
Dotty
Mark Braley 3
Maiday
cliffytc
Justin Showell
David Watkinson 3
James Richardson 3
harps_1
Rachel W & Mr rachel (2)
joanne berry 2
23/06/2009 at 21:29

would you believe it, went for my first run yesterday since the previous tuesday, (5 day gap arghhhhhh) , left leg and buttock feeling a lot better, 2 miles into a planned 4 miler running across ilkley park i tripped over a metal loop hidden in the grass....no problem, did my forward roll and straight back onto my feet cursing the inconsiderate so and so who'd left the hidden snare. No harm done However a few minutes later running along an overgrown track I've run along hundreds of times, my foot caught a rock hidden by the greenary and over I went again. Have only ever fallen twice in a run on a couple of hard core fell races,  NEVER on a 4 mile jog and yep, by the time i got back to the gym I'd got a nagging pain all the way across the left buttock and down my leg. Could hardly sit down this morning although it has eased off a lot now but blxxdy typical,...sigh ! ah well, plenty of time till october, and even if worst comes to worst i know my number won't go to waste !!

no probs Becksr 1, hope you're ok for next year

cheers

beders 

23/06/2009 at 21:51

Hi beders, that's some real bad luck your having there mate. Take things easy for a while and you'll soon be back on your feet. Like you say, there's loads of time yet.

Raced on Sunday at the Llanelli 10k, first race after seeing physio. Did better that I thought I would 39:22. Very happy with that as I havent done much training for it and Leg is still giving my grief.

24/06/2009 at 08:41
wow I can see why they call you fast legs ! sub 40 with little training ! i can only dream, only just got under sub 45 ! As you say I've got plenty of time, bit frustrated, this is by far the longest I've been injured in over 12 years of running so suffering withdrawal symptons at the moment. The most annoying thing is that when I'm actually running it doesn't actually hurt that much, just my left calf gets stiff...it's later that it hurts. Especually first thing in the morning,  have to keep standing up as I'm typing this to relieve the ache in my left buttock ...doh !
24/06/2009 at 19:19
Thanks beders. I was one of the slow ones in the club, tried to hang on to the big boys but the wheels came off at 7k. Your injury sounds very similar to mine, except for the calf. I get a pain in the butt when sitting down, and my leg can some times go numb on a long run. The problem that I have is the tendon that apparently connects the hamstring to my pelvis. I thought it was piriformis at first but after seeing my physio he found out it was the tendon. I can still run with it as long as I cut my mileage down a bit and keep having treatment and do the stretching. Good luck with yours, hope you get it sorted out soon.
24/06/2009 at 22:25

Evening everyone.

Still lurking and waiting

25/06/2009 at 10:13

I've sadly decided to pull out of the marathon so does slow duck want to contact me to swap numbers etc as I'm not sure how it works.

25/06/2009 at 22:25
Cinders,

Sorry to hear that you've had to pull out of the marathon. Thank you for offering to swap the number. I've sent you an e-mail to get the ball rolling.

Slow Duck
25/06/2009 at 22:56
Its for the best for me right now.  Have replied to your mail Slow Duck.
26/06/2009 at 14:16

Hi All.

It's some-one's lucky day!!!

I have a number on offer, who ever is next on the list drop me a line and we getting sort 'summit out

Sue

26/06/2009 at 15:00

Hi cinder, slow duck and sue c , if you need to refresh the details of what you need to do, it's all on page 4 of this thread. If possible would you mind sending the details via myself ? my e-mail address is also on that page, it's just that the Abingdon organisers didn't actually want to get too involved in the number swapping as it caused them so  much trouble last time therefore the plan was that the number swapping would be done via myself (or runner bean if I got too swamped) so they would get get the one point of contact rather than having to spend lots of time dealing with loads of people. You do of course arrange any money payments between yourselves once I have confirmed the number has been swapped

if that's ok could Cinder and slow duck send me their required details and then also could sue c and c-cat (next on list) also send me theirs and I will get the ball rolling for both number swaps. I just don't want Tracey at race HQ suddenly getting lots of different peoples e-mails and queries etc and then deciding she doesn't want the hassle and everyone missing out on a race place.

trust that's ok with everyone,  . Any queries please give me a ring on 07957 431189

cheers

beders 

26/06/2009 at 19:55
Thanks Beders,

I'll send you my details.

SD

P.S. Sent it!
Edited: 26/06/2009 at 20:11
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.