Abingdon Marathon

abingdon marathon waiting list

61 to 80 of 619 messages
08/05/2009 at 12:09
Thanks TS. I am on 84 so I am hoping it all goes to plan!
08/05/2009 at 12:11
No Blue Legs - 100 total is superb, 16 between now and October is amazing! Good effort and good luck!
08/05/2009 at 12:16
It will be a great achievement good luck
08/05/2009 at 16:08

If you are adding a runner to bottom of list (ah... the Brits and their queues...) use 'shift'+'enter' to aviod leaving a strange gap. If you are lucky enough to get a place, edit the top of list and put the 'next in line to be offered one' on the next name down... good luck everyone and please pass the word around that this forum exists rull of Abingdon desperados!

piranha (has a place!)
runner bean (next in line to be offered one...)
slow duck
c-cat
mitten
doc 117
dave magee
fast legs
Marathonman61
dalli
top banana
oldshoes
Holymoly
Eva MIdsole
Custard Cream
Mark Skev
Jacqui W
Wibles
Smiffie
dough boy
Kal3000
andyp
MatthewTickle
julie stribling2
chris
jforce
Jill jones
Rod Jones
Raoul
Senor spam
Les Pullen
Seb Coe
Wilfie

08/05/2009 at 16:37
John Gallagher
08/05/2009 at 19:20

That will teach me for not entering early!

Please add my name to the list.

piranha (has a place!)
slow duck
c-cat
mitten
doc 117
dave magee
fast legs
Marathonman61
dalli
top banana
oldshoes
Holymoly
Eva MIdsole
Custard Cream
Mark Skev
Jacqui W
Wibles
Smiffie
dough boy
Kal3000
andyp
MatthewTickle
julie stribling2
chris
jforce
Jill jones
Rod Jones
Raoul
Senor spam
Les Pullen
Seb Coe
Wilfie

Stet

08/05/2009 at 19:22

Sorry, left out Johns name........

piranha (has a place!)
slow duck
c-cat
mitten
doc 117
dave magee
fast legs
Marathonman61
dalli
top banana
oldshoes
Holymoly
Eva MIdsole
Custard Cream
Mark Skev
Jacqui W
Wibles
Smiffie
dough boy
Kal3000
andyp
MatthewTickle
julie stribling2
chris
jforce
Jill jones
Rod Jones
Raoul
Senor spam
Les Pullen
Seb Coe
Wilfie
John Gallagher
Stet

08/05/2009 at 22:09

piranha (has a place!)
slow duck
c-cat
mitten
doc 117
dave magee
fast legs
Marathonman61
dalli
top banana
oldshoes
Holymoly
Eva MIdsole
Custard Cream
Mark Skev
Jacqui W
Wibles
Smiffie
dough boy
Kal3000
andyp
MatthewTickle
julie stribling2
chris
jforce
Jill jones
Rod Jones
Raoul
Senor spam
Les Pullen
Seb Coe
Wilfie
John Gallagher
Stet
David Johnson 9

08/05/2009 at 22:12

Hi gang, been a bit busy last few days so sorry haven't been about to edit etc ! I've contacted race HQ and Tracey the race secretary has sent me this e-mail which I've pasted below that we need to do to actually swap numbers. As you can see there is a bit to do so I suggest that people wanting to donate their number e-mail the details requested below and the person who is accepting the number also e-mail the required details then i can forward them both onto tracey who can confirm it has been actioned rather than doing it direct through tracey as that would just mean she ends up doing all the work which she hasn't got time to do

assuming that is ok with everyone do you want to take a note of my e-mail address : /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif[/img]eteb@nevisinternet.com]peteb@nevisinternet.com   In respect of the entry fees as tracey said I think that needs to be sorted personally between runners. I'm on here virtually every day but to save me getting swamped  I think it is best if you only send me your details when you have agreed a swap with a another runner and for the people donating the number please  make sure you confirm the list name  as well so that when the number swap has been confirmed that name can be removed from the list.

this bit is from tracey

I would just point out that I will only be accepting changes to numbers until mid-September when I have to give the details to the chip timing people.  After that no changes will be possible. I also do not intend to get involved in any transfers of entry fees between runners exchanging numbers – ie refunding one person and then accepting payment from their replacement.  The runners swapping places will have to sort out the money between themselves.

I will need the full name, date of birth, address and running club of the person giving up the number and the same information for the person being given the number, plus their EA Registration number and the details of any championship they wish to enter (Oxon, Middlesex, Berkshire, RRC or Army). 

When you send me details of any number changes can you make sure that I have a copy of the email from the person giving up the number agreeing to it being transferred and an email from the person taking over the number stating “I declare that I am an amateur as defined by UK Athletics.  I agree to abide by the current laws and rules of competition of UK Athletics.  I declare that I will run entirely at my own risk.”   

cheers

beders

Edited: 08/05/2009 at 22:16
08/05/2009 at 22:16

Seems fair enough.

Thanks for all your help with getting this going beders

08/05/2009 at 22:18

bugger ! why does my e-mail address end up like that, it is only the last bit starting peteb@ , any techies on here who can tell me why all the rest adds itself on, I've tried editing it a couple of times and it always end's up like that ??

no worries mitten

08/05/2009 at 22:20
Hi beders, Thanks for all the work your doing for us I really appreciate the time your giving up to sort all this out for us. Thanks Chris.
08/05/2009 at 22:27

pirhana and catchee monkee can you send me the details as above and I'll forward them onto tracey , don't forget to confirm your forum name as well so i can match you up. It's quite handy to have an early swap so we can see how the system works and also how fast it is which might become more important when we get nearer the time.

of course anyone who's got some ideas or suggestions to make it easier just tell me and I'll be more than happy to act on them. Just a thought my mobile is 07957 431189 if anyone needs to contact me, it's on pretty much 24/7 so ring or text me anytime

I'll just try my e-mail address again peteb@nevisinternet.com

08/05/2009 at 22:29
 hah it worked as I didn't go past the m of com  so although it isn't lit up in blue that is the correct address !
08/05/2009 at 23:04
sorry fast legs, missed your post, thanks for the thanks so to speak, it's no probs, i know what a great race it is so glad I can help others to get in, just hope it all works out ok, gotta bit of reponsibilty now !!
08/05/2009 at 23:39

well done bedders .....good of you to take this up......be nice if a few of us get in......as has been said think it was only 700 last year so would be a great shame if lots dont turn up on the day  this year and waste a place.

Just a thought could you ask tracy to post on their website a link to mention this swap shop that is on RW.

09/05/2009 at 07:02

Beders, with all the info you were posting I forgot to ask how you got off in the 5k? So how did it go?

09/05/2009 at 08:17

Hi Beders

Thanks for all your work getting this thread organised, it's much appreciated!  Have a great weekend all!

09/05/2009 at 10:10
Thank you beders you've given us a hope for this!
09/05/2009 at 12:12

piranha (has a place!)
slow duck
c-cat
mitten
doc 117
dave magee
fast legs
Marathonman61
dalli
top banana
oldshoes
Holymoly
Eva MIdsole
Custard Cream
Mark Skev
Jacqui W
Wibles
Smiffie
dough boy
Kal3000
andyp
MatthewTickle
julie stribling2
chris
jforce
Jill jones
Rod Jones
Raoul
Senor spam
Les Pullen
Seb Coe
Wilfie
John Gallagher
Stet
David Johnson 9
Mark Reynolds

Just adding another mate that thought he had entered by post. He had a bit of a shock when I told him his name wasnt on the list and it had closed.

61 to 80 of 619 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.