Abingdon Marathon

abingdon marathon waiting list

81 to 100 of 619 messages
09/05/2009 at 17:37
HI BEDERS,Thanks once again for all the hard work & your time for organizing all this MARK
10/05/2009 at 11:29

Hi Gang, no worries , all these thanks are making me blush .

have asked Tracey to forward on all enquries to this thread seb so hopefully they will come here automatically , if they go to the RW site, this thread is there already for them to come onto,  is that what you meant ?

fast legs, actually managed 21.49 which although slow by most standard was only 3 seconds off a PB set 5 years ago and as it was only 10 days after the FLM gives me a bit of hope for the next two races in the series ! could be the third PB in a year...which just goes to show how slow I've been in the past !!

still waiting for piranha and catchee monkee ? was it, to send me their details so we can get the first swap sorted !

happy running all

cheers

beders

10/05/2009 at 14:36

Hi beders, well done on your race mate, that's a good time on tired legs.

I did the Sorbrook challenge10k today and was 21 seconds slower than last year. FLM has taken it out of me as well.

11/05/2009 at 12:41

Help!!!

how can I get myname added to the list??

Andy Miles 

11/05/2009 at 14:23

Hi Bedders.

Hope you have recovered from FLM......i gave myself a couple of very easy weeks off after that.

I had in mind if Tracey put up a message on the abingdon marathon website for all people who  pull out to contact the RW forum so that that makes her job easier and decreases the chances of someone just not turning up on the day and wasting the place if they realise that there is a bunch of us ready willing and able to run.

11/05/2009 at 19:40

piranha (has a place!)
runner bean (next in line to be offered one...)
slow duck
c-cat
mitten
doc 117
dave magee
fast legs
Marathonman61
dalli
top banana
oldshoes
Holymoly
Eva MIdsole
Custard Cream
Mark Skev
Jacqui W
Wibles
Smiffie
dough boy
Kal3000
andyp
MatthewTickle
julie stribling2
chris
jforce
Jill jones
Rod Jones
Raoul
Senor spam
Les Pullen
Seb Coe
Wilfie
John Gallagher
Stet
David Johnson 9
Mark Reynolds
andy miles

there you go andy !

only 21 seconds slower !! still sounds good to me this close to the marathon fast legs

good thinking seb, I'll send her an e-mail

just a thought, still no e-mail from pirhana or catchee monkeee, until I've forwarded on the details to tracey and she's confirmed it's been actioned there ain't no number swop !! Would be good if we could try and get any agreed swaps done asap simply to make sure i don't get confused if I start to get a few built up...and I'm easily confused !!

11/05/2009 at 19:53

Thanks Beders, I am getting an overwhelming urge to join in the gushing praise of your efforts!!!! I am gutted to have missed this so at least there is a bit of hope - thanks

11/05/2009 at 20:34

piranha (has a place!)
slow duck
c-cat
mitten
doc 117
dave magee
fast legs
Marathonman61
dalli
top banana
oldshoes
Holymoly
Eva MIdsole
Custard Cream
Mark Skev
Jacqui W
Wibles
Smiffie
dough boy
Kal3000
andyp
MatthewTickle
julie stribling2
chris
jforce
Jill jones
Rod Jones
Raoul
Senor spam
Les Pullen
Seb Coe
Wilfie
John Gallagher
Stet
David Johnson 9
Mark Reynolds
andy miles
Sezz

11/05/2009 at 21:14
Beders, don't know if this may be causing a problem, but I'm not able to receive any e-mails sent to me through my profile on runners world. I have also tried to send them to Marathonman61 and he isn't getting them either. Just a thought, it could be the problem why Piranha and Catchee Monkey have not responded? Is anyone else having this problem?
12/05/2009 at 13:32

Beders, I feel hugely guilty!  I started up the other thread asking someone to do one linked to the Abingdon Event page.  This you very kindly did.  I checked it a few times, bookmarked it, and now have come back a couple of weeks later to find you have a full-time job (and a fan club!)

I really, really didn't mean to land you all this work.  I am more than happy to let you carry on as you are doing such a great job, but if you want to hand it back to me, (or delegate some of the work as it gets closer to Sept/Oct) that is absolutely fine.  Just let me know!

I am really sorry!!!  And I also really appreciate all you have (so altruisticly) done so far! 

12/05/2009 at 20:04

To be honest fast legs I haven't even thought about the profile link so have in fact posted my e-mail address on this forum on page 4 so hopefully even if they can't use the profile link they will have the address to use anyway, but still not heard from them as yet . Might go onto their profiles and try e-mailing them direct to see what happens and also try your profile as well

No probs runner bean, all these thanks are making me blush again At the moment it doesn't seem to be much of a chore, if it starts kicking off nearer the time i may well invoke a bit of delegation though so thanks for the offer.

looking forward to the second of the John Carr 5k series tomorrow, the opposite end of the running spectrum from a marathon but funny enough I seem to be getting a taste for speed work and the shorter races after 12 years of hating it !! must be a sign of old age !

cheers

beders

12/05/2009 at 20:28
Beders, good luck with the 5k tomorrow mate. I'll keep a look out for the e-mail if you send it. But still haven't had the ones my mates have tried to send.
12/05/2009 at 20:53

HI! Can you add me too please!!

I had a great abingdon last year and an even better london this year .... i'd like to go for another pb. !!!Hope  we are successful in getting places.

thanks

sian

12/05/2009 at 21:48

piranha (has a place!)
slow duck
c-cat
mitten
doc 117
dave magee
fast legs
Marathonman61
dalli
top banana
oldshoes
Holymoly
Eva MIdsole
Custard Cream
Mark Skev
Jacqui W
Wibles
Smiffie
dough boy
Kal3000
andyp
MatthewTickle
julie stribling2
chris
jforce
Jill jones
Rod Jones
Raoul
Senor spam
Les Pullen
Seb Coe
Wilfie
John Gallagher
Stet
David Johnson 9
Mark Reynolds
andy miles
Sezz
redroadrunner

there you go

13/05/2009 at 00:03

Beders, thanks: you're a hero!!
I actually had a call tonight  from Abingdon saying they were full and would destroy my cheque.  My husband took the call, and they actually said something about RW operating a waiting list!

Btw, Beders, if you're trying to contact Piranha, he's not actually contributed to this thread, but was on the main Abingdon thread, about the time this was set up.

Not sure what happened to Sian, or who redroadrunner is, but I'll add Sian anyway:

piranha (has a place!)
slow duck
c-cat
mitten
doc 117
dave magee
fast legs
Marathonman61
dalli
top banana
oldshoes
Holymoly
Eva MIdsole
Custard Cream
Mark Skev
Jacqui W
Wibles
Smiffie
dough boy
Kal3000
andyp
MatthewTickle
julie stribling2
chris
jforce
Jill jones
Rod Jones
Raoul
Senor spam
Les Pullen
Seb Coe
Wilfie
John Gallagher
Stet
David Johnson 9
Mark Reynolds
andy miles
Sezz
redroadrunner
Sian Alberry 2

13/05/2009 at 00:05
Oh, good luck for your 5K, Beders!!    One of the things I like about marathons is you can get a decent time without having to run fast.  5K is a sprint as far as I'm concerned!  Hope you have a good one!
13/05/2009 at 07:34

Hi Runner Bean, Think we also need to give a big thanks to you for being the originator of this waiting list. If it wasn't for people like your self and beders we would have no hope of getting a place in this race. Thanks for your time and effort.

Chris.

13/05/2009 at 13:07

piranha (has a place!)
slow duck
c-cat
mitten
doc 117
dave magee
fast legs
Marathonman61
dalli
top banana
oldshoes
Holymoly
Eva MIdsole
Custard Cream
Mark Skev
Jacqui W
Wibles
Smiffie
dough boy
Kal3000
andyp
MatthewTickle
julie stribling2
chris
jforce
Jill jones
Rod Jones
Raoul
Senor spam
Les Pullen
Seb Coe
Wilfie
John Gallagher
Stet
David Johnson 9
Mark Reynolds
andy miles
Sezz
redroadrunner
Sian Alberry 2

Edski675

13/05/2009 at 13:31
Can you please add me to the list as well, thanks in advance.
13/05/2009 at 14:03

piranha (has a place!)
slow duck
c-cat
mitten
doc 117
dave magee
fast legs
Marathonman61
dalli
top banana
oldshoes
Holymoly
Eva MIdsole
Custard Cream
Mark Skev
Jacqui W
Wibles
Smiffie
dough boy
Kal3000
andyp
MatthewTickle
julie stribling2
chris
jforce
Jill jones
Rod Jones
Raoul
Senor spam
Les Pullen
Seb Coe
Wilfie
John Gallagher
Stet
David Johnson 9
Mark Reynolds
andy miles
Sezz
Sian Alberry 2
Edski675
Ben Fancourt

have deleted redroadrunner as that is simply a forum name for Sian as per her text

fast legs have you got that e-mail yet ? if not there is a bit of a communication problem in that if neither piranha or catchee monkey come on this thead they won't know what to do  ! Tracey at race HQ has confirmed she will try and put a link to here on their website but I think it just goes to show if you want to have your number changed you'll have to keep popping in to check. Might be an idea to put the doner's name next to the recipients name on the list perhaps so at least they will know who giving to who ?

will try and get hold of piranha by posting a message on the other thread but not sure what to do about catchee monkey , just hope he pops into thread again

cheers

beders

81 to 100 of 619 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.