Abingdon Marathon

661 to 680 of 1,103 messages
13/09/2012 at 05:17

AC and BB - thanks.  I'll do just that then, open out at conversational pace first 3 miles then ramp up to MP (07:22-07:30/mile) for the next 5-8 then ease back.  Cheers folks!

13/09/2012 at 11:55

AGF -  Sorry to hear you are not running, any idea what the problem is with your leg?

9 miles for me early this morning, bit chilly til I got going but happy to report avg of 7:21.

13/09/2012 at 14:45
Thanks Barry. Not 100% sure to be honest. Thought it was just shin splints and a little knot in quads. Both gone and still hurts. Off to physio next week
13/09/2012 at 16:58

AGF - sorry to hear the bad news, hope you recover soon.

BB - excellent pace, was this a MP or sub MP tempo run? Yes, was chilly this morning, first time wearing a t-shirt instead of a vest for about 2 months for my easy 30 min run.

Club track session tonight, 8 x 1000m, a lot more enjoyable than 400s.

13/09/2012 at 20:18

Crappy news AGF, get everything sorted and be back for next years!

Nice 9m Barry, looks good for Sunday.

AC, 8x1k   not long after a HM, you are made of strong stuff, what pace are you doing them at and what recoveries? Im still on easy running, also first time in t-shirt this morning, getting used to running oin the dark now as well  

13/09/2012 at 20:26
Good plan SR, just err on the side of caution. Personally, I couldn't trust myself to not start racing somebody.

Bummer news AGF

Nice session BB
13/09/2012 at 21:58

AGF-That's a real bummer!  I've got something wrong with my right shin & left quad has been a concern too.  So I've not run at all this week .  Will have an easy bimble around Fri & hopefully I'll not embarrass myself at Maidenhead on Sunday! 

13/09/2012 at 22:18
Oh dear, we are starting to sound like the walking wounded. Hope everyone finds a speedy recovery.

Hope you are fit for Sunday Luvsa. BB , good session.

Still have a slight niggle (knee - hamstring issue) but I'm keeping moving. I was a bit achey this morning, possibly enhanced by a chilly first mile. Had a 7 miler with 2 at 10k pace to check everything is 'functioning'. Back home to another day of stretching in between a bit of work.
Edited: 13/09/2012 at 22:18
SR3
14/09/2012 at 15:45
Not working today so decided to get my long run over and done with today. 20 miles v v slow. Hated every step from 12 miles onwards! Think it must have been a bad day as last weeks 18 did not leave me struggling this much! Couple of days rest now I think!

AGF - sorry to hear you won't be running. Hope you recover soon.

Good luck to everyone running Maidenhead this weekend.

Any other sub 4 lurkers out there?
14/09/2012 at 20:17
Thank you guys.

LuvsaPB, hope it clears up for you.....

Keep up the good training and best of luck for the weekend training runs /races ...
15/09/2012 at 19:25

SR3 -  Get the bad ones out if the way now, still 20 miles logged.

Luvsa, AR  - Good luck for tomorrow, I'll be in white singlet and black shorts but probably easiest way to spot me is my blue KT tape on my leg, try and see you at the start because I'll think you'll be long gone by the time I finish.

15/09/2012 at 20:52

Good luck to the Maidenhead racers tomorrow, also anyone else racing!

Better to get the bad runs in now SR3 than in 5 weeks -gulp-

Put last weeks half to bed this morning with 10 easy 8:20/m, then 10 steady 7:04/m, cd. first time havinbg a bit to eat before hand and noticed the difference.

16/09/2012 at 10:28
AGF gutted for you but listen to the body you know in your mind when you're not up for it!!
Just back in blighty after my two weeks food and booze fest. Pretty sure I've put a ton of weight on but I'm not getting anywhere near the scales for at least a week!
Did 5 runs while away, nothing of any distance and nothing of any speed, don't think the legs were too happy with going from high mileage to mor or less zero, my calves kept tightening up and I suffed a couple of spasms which left them feeling tight for 24 hours. Looking forward to getting back on the horse just watching GNR trying to find some inspiration for an 18. No targets as such just want to get round and see how much damage I've done to myself lol
Decent training going on by most, the training is often the hardest with marathon training getting to the line in good shape is an art in its self!
Will report back later
16/09/2012 at 13:14
Well........I've a nice big blood blister on my big toe, I've taken the head of a nipple and to top it off I've got nappy rash. Welcome back Martin
Running wise started off a bit quick and had a bit of a stitch after the first mile, but slowed it down a bit before getting in my stride the middle section I was flying and enjoying it but the last three miles were a real struggle I believe down to no drink or gels, bad planning on my part and a school boy error. Finished in 2:00:44 ave 6:44 so pretty happy and had I fuelled correctly I'm sure the finish wouldn't have been so brutal. Three hard weeks now and two taper and this time five weeks we'll be in the pub either celebrating or commiserating
16/09/2012 at 14:45

Meep - Nice long run.

Martin -  Welcome back and well done for getting back on it.

Good day for me, Maidenhead HM and recommend it, well organised and a good course.  Bit congested for first mile but stopped me setting off too quick, plan was 7's and see how it was going, was looking for 1:35 after my PW a few weeks ago but v happy to report I finished in 1:30:49(garmin) at 6:56 avg.

16/09/2012 at 15:44

Well done Barry - sounds like you had a great race. I looked out for you at the start. I stared at the legs of several runners wearing white singlets, but didn't see any KT tape. Gave up after I got somes stares back

I went out far too fast. First 3 miles were sub 6 min/m pace (stupid pace for me given I have a 19:20 5k pb!). Calmed down a bit, struggled in the middle with pace, and developed a bad stitch. Then twisted an ankle. Picked up the pace and finished with a pb of 1:22:09, a bad stitch, and an ankle that is now ballooning up. I don't think the ankle will be too bad to affect training

16/09/2012 at 16:38
Well done again AR!

Cracking result for BB too - sounds like you've really turned a corner over the past couple of weeks.

Nice long running Martin - do you simulate your race nutrition on any of your LSRs?
16/09/2012 at 16:48
Thanks guys, hope the ankle isn't too bad Also.
Slokey, I'm normally very disciplined where nutrition is concerned gels every thirty minutes as per race pland and bottles stashed along the course, maybe I underestimated the distance 18 is a bit in the middle with distances but as I found today should have been a bit more respected!!
Barry nice running great to see you bounce back
16/09/2012 at 19:45

Sounds like you had a good holiday Martin, sounds like you truly treated yourself!

Back on form BB, good run,looks like your target in 5 weeks is getting quicker

Lol Also, getting caught checking out peoples legs. Nice time, and with a twisted ankle to deal with. Bet you are looking forward to revising that 5k at some point as well!

16/09/2012 at 21:01

AR -  That is quick given your stitch and ankle.  I got a couple of strange looks, I was waiting at the finish trying to meet up with someone from the sub 3:30 thread, was looking for a blonde ponytail, but gave up after two just gave me a nod  but obviously not the person.  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.