Abingdon Marathon

5,201 to 5,220 of 5,497 messages
24/10/2006 at 10:40
Well if they make it to Bracknell, they may as well head on to Yateley afterwards!
ip(FeS2)    pirate
24/10/2006 at 10:43
I certainly can't face a sports massage yet. that would H.U.R.T...
24/10/2006 at 10:44
I suppose Leeds would be a little too far out of their way once they've finished working their magic on you guys?
24/10/2006 at 10:44
Knackared Mick here

if the ABO organisers are reading this

Will some one please go and retrieve my legs for me ,

They are probably at top of army camp

LOL LOL

I'm still living it !!!

I'm not saying easy...easy...easy anymore

i'll chant

24/10/2006 at 10:46
Just found these... http://www.abingdonamblers.co.uk/doclib/marathon/Abingdon%20Marathon%202006%20Results.xls
24/10/2006 at 10:48
I was thinking the same LP, don't think I want anyone touching my legs just yet!
24/10/2006 at 11:03
1p thanks for the results, it also put a face to blackers, and now I can say Thank you for pulling me through miles 21, 22 & 23. I was the Overton runner you encouraged, I'll buy you a drink after the HRRL race, thank you again blackers
ip(FeS2)    pirate
24/10/2006 at 11:06
Happy to help with the results.-

It's strange when you find out that the people running near you were actually forumites isn't it.-

Looking at the results, I was in a block of 5 forumites and had no idea!
24/10/2006 at 11:13
1p:
Thanks for the results. I saw you on the first mile, but you sped off into the distance, I was so impressed! My first mile was a 7.30 min and you left me for dust big time.

(Bows down, "We're not worthy, we're not worthy")

Mark:

Thank you very much for your post, I've e-mailed a query to you, I very much hope it will be sorted, though given the level of organisation for the weekend, I'm sure it will :-)
ip(FeS2)    pirate
24/10/2006 at 11:20
LL.- :-)
You GFA'd by a fair bit.- I got my GFA at Stratford this year after 3 attempts.- so it could easily be your turn next.
I'm still so excited and in shock :-) I was trying for an elite time.- but I hadn't managed to tell anyone what I was aiming for without laughing.-
ip(FeS2)    pirate
24/10/2006 at 12:05
Ooops.- I meant "elite start" time...
24/10/2006 at 12:25
Little Lizard,

I've not received an email from you?

My email address is abingdonmarshals@btinternet.com

I am happy to receive any feedback, good or bad, and it doesn't have to be limited to marshaling either.

Mark
24/10/2006 at 12:50
Mark,

I sent a message via the 'contact us' page on the AAC site, then noticed the abingdonmarathon aol address, so re-sent it to there. I dont think I will send it a 3rd time to you - dont want to be a pest!

Only positive comments I could make - where there were 'issues' it related to factors like rude drivers which are beyond your control.

Thanks to you and all your crew!
24/10/2006 at 13:06
Thanks Nick,

The abingdon marathon aol address goes to the Race Director, so that will find its way to our post race meeting.

Thanks for your support.

Mark
24/10/2006 at 13:13
1p- thanks for posting all those results. good stuff.

As for my metronome qualities of predicting 3:20 and getting 3:19:57.. I tell you I have never sprinted and covered 350 metres on the track that fast before and don't intend to again!!

Today I would like to thank the person who invented banisters on stairs. I do not know where I would be without them. Probably still upstairs I guess ;)

24/10/2006 at 13:25
Tick Tock it was someone called Roger Bannister and apparently he used to run quite fast and invented them after breaking soem record or another!
24/10/2006 at 13:37
I have just had the most amazing 2 hour leg and back massage - it was lush! Feel heaps better now :-D
24/10/2006 at 13:38
hee hee hee choisty!
24/10/2006 at 13:40
Well what a fantastic race. Abingdon once again has really put it's place on the map. Well done organisers and of course all of the marshalls that kept us safe and in spirit. I'm still on a high so sleeping is a little hard at the moment. I came in 3.43.21 as you see 3.59.27 (2005). I was right on par for a 3.30 this time then at 19-20 miles my planter injury took hold. Having already run 7.30 m/m for the first 10 and 8 m/m to 18 I thought everything was going fairly well. At the 20 miles food stop I had to stop completely to down 3 cups of orange and remember the lady checking I was ok Thanks as it was a bit of a reality check.Miles 22 and 23 were an off on affair, as I just wanted to get to the end,Saw Rich taking photos at 24 and as he looked down he shouted Shadwell !! Can I have another picture? I stopped and turned round but he was only joking although I still managed to see the funny side.25 was a blur and coming into the stadium I thought I was on another planet,just 400m to run you're having a laugh !I caught someone up and at 200 m challenged them to a final finish. It certainly helped me forget the pain for a bit. After I stopped I think my whole body shut down. it was a real weird feeling for 20 mins Shaking, tongue tingling legs tingling (What's that about?)and felt completely distant. Luckily I live up the road so after a nice hot bath came round. I couldn't stop smiling from then on! n.b. I must remember to pace myself better next time 8.15 all the way would be better and produce much the same and less demanding early on.Very little stiffness today apart from the foot feeling bruised, so I guess I'll have to get rid of the Planter first before I do any more long runs. What's the earlies we can apply for next year and how do I go about getting a t-shirt? Well done everyone. Mick n phil managed to speak to you as you were going up the slopes to the track at the begining Good time!! Hope I can find a picture with me on in the near future and see what a mess I must have looked!
24/10/2006 at 14:08
Shadwell

i don't know you ,

i know you'll understand

i'm glad your happy and had a good day

i'm way high still, i just can't believe what we've achieved 4.03

I'm still occasionally tearful to be honest

Abingdon Amblers, did us and them selves well proud !!

I can't fault anything at all

Abingdon Marathon 2007

Bring it on

lets have a practice run at it !!!

i often think about favourite marathons, and say to myself

i'm going along, and i think , where is every one gone, of course, were at 12 miles whatever, everyone in half has gone into finish

That don't happen at Abo

not easy..easy..easy

just

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.